Do you Remember me? My Sweet Husband.

Do you Remember me? My Sweet Husband.

A Poem by John Ciarmello

 Diary entry:

 Do you remember me? My sweet husband.

 

Wednesday 6:05 am:

  

   I write as you sleep my sweet husband. Today will be about us while you wake. Both of us face -to face underneath the silk, listening to a bluebird’s song outside our window. Oh, how you loved those mornings. Do you remember how beautiful they were? Do you remember me, my sweet husband?

   Ah yes, what a pair we make. It is you leaving this life in mind, my leaving it in body. How strange this end.

    Although, I feel today will be a better day for us. For if you happen to remember me only in moments, I will remind you of our days. And if you happen to remember me only in days. I will remind you of our years.

Now, should I leave this life before you my sweet husband of Sixty years, I know there will be a beacon.

And I will meet you there.

 

 

 

Oh yes, my sweet husband, 

You’ll remember me then.

 

© 2018 John Ciarmello


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sweet and endearing. Remembrances leave imprints with solid dates and times of yesteryear. A long marriage can be a beacon for others or the new generation. It is always on the back of the mind of married couple who will go first and it leaves worry and sadness in their hearts.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on March 23, 2018
Last Updated on March 23, 2018

Author

John Ciarmello
John Ciarmello

NY



About
I'm a 58 year old enthusiastic writer of short story and Children's rhyme. I love to try all types of writing. I love the challenge of flash fiction. I'm not sure I have a novel in me though! We shall.. more..

Writing