I' AM NOT WHAT YOU SEE

I' AM NOT WHAT YOU SEE

A Poem by REALIZE
"

Indescribable

"

 

I' am Not What You See
 
My skin
is filled with paintings of pictures. Blisters and painful scars pierced of my experiences.
 
My eyes are mirrors of fear.
my mouth is scraped with words that my tongue reads in brail.
 
My face is a mask camouflaging all my frustrations and anger
 
My hands are made sore from the hurt when I bend them they cry for touch.
 
My ears only hear the screams of burdens that torture my scar-filled chest.
 
I'am beaten
Iam battered
Iam scared
I'am raped
 
But you
you are blind
you can not see my body though you still think you know my interior design.
 
I guess its better that we live in the dark.
 

© 2008 REALIZE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your imagery is very powerful. I look forward to your future reads.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is brilliant! Very honest and open, and your imagery is great and on point... It is funny to me that the people that claim to know us so well can not see when we are scarre, torn, and broken. But back to the poem, I truly love it!!!

These are my fav lines:
"My eyes are mirrors of fear.
my mouth is scraped with words that my tongue reads in brail."

Well From One Word-Play Poet To The Next...Always Remember To Write With Your Heart!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...this is heavy! I absolutely love it and agree with it as well. You don't know a person until you unearth what is underneath the layers of skin. Like an orange...we must be pilled in order to know if we have picked a bad fruit. Excellent read!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your words are so very deep and profound. I love the message that it conveys. I felt this piece to my core.
You did an excellent job and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

that was CRAZY!!! short but provides the longest trail of imagination


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My thanks to Angelic Darkness for sending the R/R for this poem. I read in amazement that you can write such graphic imagery. Excellent piece of writing. So much feeling of emotion in every line except for the last... but then I don't go along with the "but every thing's all right really" feeling.

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW! I loved this so powerful and dark, and held my attention throughout the entire piece. Marvelous write. Thanks to Angelic Darkness for sending this to me.


~*Anna Rose*~

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
d
Interesting write...this line grabbed my immediate attention...
...My ears only hear the screams of burdens that torture my scar-filled chest...
...and the last line...
...I guess its better that we live in the dark...
...pulls your words all together...intense piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this emotion, real, raw, dark, surrendering, yet releasing.
I will say that you duplicated the word scars in a couple of stanzas,
but I must admit it didn't loose any effect on the other words. Great
job! AD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
9 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 22, 2008

Author

REALIZE
REALIZE

Thesweetestmalice



About
Blessed are those who seek knowledge over corruption and stay steadfast even through the carnage of todays society. I will stand with you. more..

Writing
THE PROUD THE PROUD

A Poem by REALIZE