I Remember

I Remember

A Poem by Norma J. Jessee
"

A trip down memory lane.

"

I remember making cakes and pies from mud,

Catching lightning bugs at night,

I remember wading barefoot through the stream;

And reading books by candle light.

 

I remember popping corn on an open fire,

Jumping rope and playing in the rain.

Building igloos in the snow, teepees in the woods,

And boiling down the sugar cane.

 

I remember all the care free days of childhood,

Running, Playing, Jumping in the sun.

I remember all the happy funfilled days of summer;

But my favorite memory's yet to come.

 

 

© 2008 Norma J. Jessee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is very sweet and brings back memories for me too. The end is very uplifting. I think I would have liked the last line just a tiny bit better if it read "memory is" vs. "memory's."

This sings of innocence and pure happiness.

Very nice. :)
Stacy

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
Yes, a trip down memory lane for sure. The care free days of childhood. In a way it makes me sad, I don't think a lot of kids today have these kinds of experiences and they sure are missing out!! There is nothing like being outdoors and experiencing nature and life. Can't compare it to video games and computers. The sun, kids need the sun! Thank you for the wonderfull trip down memory lane, brought a smile to my face : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Norma, I have a few memories of a more simpler day . Maybe not the same ones, but so less complicated. There are times I want to just yell out "Enough already!". Not all progress is for the better. Not all modern ideas retain any of the moral values from which they proceeded. What ever happened to keeping it simple.
Great thought provoking write. You also bring back some good memories for me. Thank you.



Posted 16 Years Ago


nice... now summer's ending... makes me a little meloncoly

Posted 16 Years Ago


oh you captured all our youthful hearts there...great job

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hopeful and wonderful...
I remember most everything except the sugar cane.
This is a very nice poem. You've got the nostalgia and the hope for the future in one easy to read package.

Gordon

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a great write, it brings back memories of past childhoods and it gives hope to look forward to new memories waiting to be made. I love it

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great poem! I remember all of those things and feelings too. And then it makes me sad that they are gone, but you end it with "my favoirte memory is yet to come" and I feel better! A great poem, I am anxious to read more of your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sweet ... murmers of memories ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Ahhh. the memories of youth. They certainly are lovely to look back on. I, too, used to catch fireflies. I would spend summers at my cousin's house--she lived in N.J.-- and we would be fresh from our bath and dressed in nightgowns running around catching fire flies. Nothing compares to those wonderous, innocent days. Thanks for reminding me!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

That is a sweet poem. I love how you write you still got your best memories to come. Sometimes people forget you can still have fun as an adult. I am 19 and still go around barefooted outside and I think I will even when I am 80!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2008

Author

Norma J. Jessee
Norma J. Jessee

VA



About
I am a 57 year old, happily married, mother of 4, who have blessed me with 12 grandchildren. I find a lot of my inspiration comes from my grandchildren. who can provide an endless supply of things to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silent Decade Silent Decade

A Poem by Bubo


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Carole