What Do You Think Mom?

What Do You Think Mom?

A Story by jenna

I wonder what my mom thinks when she looks down on me every day.


Would she be happy to see my success, or sad when she sees the struggles I face in my head every day?


It’s become an unconscious motion but everything I do includes a thought of her. What does she think of me taking a s**t ton of antidepressants and mood stabilizers to get by? What does she think of me smoking a blunt when those prescriptions aren’t enough? Or those days where life becomes so difficult, all goes numb as I slice my skin? Me wasting the day away, unable to get out of bed? Spending restless nights stuck in my thoughts that seem to never end?


Would she be proud of me for getting through all that pain or would she be disappointed I have those problems in the first place?


And if she were able to communicate to me, would she tell me she loves me?


Or would she show her anger and disappointment in me as she did when she was alive?

© 2018 jenna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on September 17, 2018
Last Updated on September 17, 2018
Tags: depression, mental illness, grief, anxiety, self harm, guilt, regret, disappointment

Author

jenna
jenna

NY



About
Just venting about my life and feelings. Whenever I feel terrible about myself, instead of doing something I regret- I turn to writing. I hope you enjoy more..

Writing
Regrets Regrets

A Poem by jenna


Positivity Positivity

A Poem by jenna