migraine.

migraine.

A Chapter by jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)
"

free flow stream of consciousness tale.. trying to purge the beast

"
She curled on the couch, mind thudding out its anger towards her in slow half step beats. Before her, on the screen, Jim Carrey professed his love for the woman he chose to erase from his mind. It was a singularly heart-breaking scene, and her own heart ached in tune with the violent thrusts of pain her brain exuded. As she watched his crisis unfold, she pondered if a spotless mind could be ideal, if only for these past few hours. If only to allow surcease from this feeling. She decided the saddest thing in her life she could imagine was wanting to never remember someone. To erase all memories of a laugh, to never want to remember what it felt like to possess a look of love? Unthinkable, really. Just because they left you with an aching chasm in your heart didn't seem enough of a reason to eradicate them. Surely what came before was worth what so often came after.
She was pretty sure that what caused migraines was a brain becoming much too full of memories. But having been born in the year of the Dragon, and a Taurus to boot, she hoarded her memories as if they were the only thing she had ever owned. 
I suppose, in a way, memories ARE the only thing we ever truly own. Sad, though, how our minds often can twist those memories, she thought, a tear welling up in her left eye, causing the movie to mist over lopsidedly, cramming them together whenever they take up too much room, pushing them into smaller pieces as your harddrive is defragged to fit in more things...


© 2011 jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. this really conveys that headache pain so vividly! "much too full of memories"....yeah...I have felt that. "the only thing we truly own". This connects so deeply with me. I think my hard drive is undefraggable.

Really great poem. So good it hurts.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked her personal thoughts shared in the chapter. I liked her logic about herself. Locking up memories. Thank you Jennie for sharing the amazing chapter.

Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Beautiful. The last line is wonderful.

Memories are powerful figments.

I'll be honest, the idea of someone erasing someone totally from their mind has always scared me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wow. this really conveys that headache pain so vividly! "much too full of memories"....yeah...I have felt that. "the only thing we truly own". This connects so deeply with me. I think my hard drive is undefraggable.

Really great poem. So good it hurts.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I felt my head aching in time with the poem...ouch. I hate headaches...no s**t right. This was sad and felt like a headache talking. I have an external hard drive for my memories I think, cuz I have a hard time accessing them sometimes especially the ones that are too painful. This one felt weird and under the weather if you know what I mean, great writing with a real theme and hard hitting point. Time for drugs and a long nap.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on March 14, 2011


Author

jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)
jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)

Vancouver, BC, Canada



About
Playful and eager to explore new styles of writing, and to hone my skills. i'm reaching a point now where i can write a poem and be able to say that it is something i really like. I'm an avid reader, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT