safe havens.

safe havens.

A Chapter by jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)

  Enid fell headlong between the spaces in his eyes. She attempted to arrest her forward (downward? sideward? she'd been falling for so long she'd lost her directional bearings) movement, only to find herself spinning madly, like a Cirque du Soleil performer, but without the comforting embrace of harness and wires.
  She thought long and hard about how she wound up in this position. All she'd ever wanted was to be loved, to be safe, to be happy. How was Enid to know that some people had deeper façades than others? And that when you finally reached behind the scenes of that façade, there was only.. this? A never-ending blackness, filled with no markers, with no furniture, nothing to pin a location to. Just this aching void in which she'd firmly lost her entire self.
  Fake is fake, Enid told herself, no matter how long it took to uncover, there is always an endgame with a fake person. So you got further into the mystery with this one than you had with other Fake Ones in your life. Doesn't make him special, just makes him smarter than the rest, wilier. Let's stop this free-fall girl. Take your life back. Take your breath back. Start there. With a breath... 
  Worlds can be reborn, after all, with one simple breath.


© 2010 jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

brilliant....I like Enid....smart girl.
this was a great piece. the mental workings and self-reflection...the falling....the movement really puts her and her situation into focus.

and that last line is a philosohical gem, and life preserver thrown to a drowning soul.

cheers!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

I agree.
"Worlds can be reborn, after all, with one simple breath."
A wonderful chapter shared dear Jennie. Thank you for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


The facade is a security blanket, the ones that sport it about actually start to believe it, thats why it geets deeper than others. We all have one, the hard part is once its pulled away, some realities are a bit mor disturbing or cumbersome than others I think. If you pull away my facade...there is nothing but a black hole, a swirling sucking eddy of darkness and despair in an ever blackening universe....lol...just kidding. Great think piece, I loved this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


brilliant....I like Enid....smart girl.
this was a great piece. the mental workings and self-reflection...the falling....the movement really puts her and her situation into focus.

and that last line is a philosohical gem, and life preserver thrown to a drowning soul.

cheers!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2010


Author

jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)
jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)

Vancouver, BC, Canada



About
Playful and eager to explore new styles of writing, and to hone my skills. i'm reaching a point now where i can write a poem and be able to say that it is something i really like. I'm an avid reader, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lil' Red Lil' Red

A Poem by OT


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT