survivor's guilt.

survivor's guilt.

A Chapter by jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)

  She watched her world crumble around her, dumbstruck with the realisation that she remained essentially unscathed. Everything... Everything was decimated, broken, destroyed. Except for her. She watched a scattering of debris remnants drift through the air before her with a dazed detachment. Lily heard not a murmur, not a sound. The normal susurration of a world about its business has ceased. There was no hum of traffic, no half-heard din of voices giving the ages old thrum of query and response. There was only her, and a distant rumble of settling rubble. Lily imagined it as the rheumatoid grumblings of an insomniac old man, readying himself for the late night Quincy rerun.


   "Is this a sign of what's to come?", she wondered, "Will I slowly be reduced to a series of flashback vignettes from a world no one else will ever know?" 


   Dismal thought, that. How cliché. Rod Serling would be proud.



© 2011 jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes he would , only you would use susurration and quincy in the same poem

you cliche' - Nevah!

Posted 12 Years Ago


To be the only human on earth would be hell within itself. I would go crazy after awhile with those same thoughts she thought to herself. i often think of the end of the world and wonder what it would be like. This was good and interesting to be inside of her head.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011


Author

jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)
jenniewren (J.W. Bouwman)

Vancouver, BC, Canada



About
Playful and eager to explore new styles of writing, and to hone my skills. i'm reaching a point now where i can write a poem and be able to say that it is something i really like. I'm an avid reader, .. more..

Writing