starfluxed

starfluxed

A Story by jess foreman
"

Cold winters night.

"
As I sit with hot coffee in hand Sitting in from the cold A wonderful crisp Novembers night. I'm in a coffee shop watching people go by Drinking a peppermint drink makes the chills dissipate Waitress serving for minimum wage. Lights sparkle as people decide to put up there celebratory festive lights. People are talking all around me. Laughing and cupping their cold hands around the wonderfully warm drinks. The reason for me in the coffee shop is I'm waiting for someone. The love of my life yes I am his wife. As I sip my coffee I can't help feel better, from my crazy busy work day. Everyday is the same for me, wake in the mornings have my wash get into the uniform and go Clean, I am nothing special I am just a cleaner scrubbing my way through life. All changed after this might at the coffee shop , my life completely changed. 
 I was on my last sip of smooth yet strong coffee, with more milk than should be in it, when a bright blue light shot over the sky, I was pretty intrigued by this light, so I started my walk to where I believed the flash had ended up, not many people saw the flash I guessed as no one was around to see or to hear the whoosh of the flash. The water was shining a beautiful Blue color I stopped, looked at the Bluewater, I just wanted to touch the water it was captivating, so I reached out and grab some pebbles through some pebbles into the water as I was not sure about how it would react with my skin, to my surprise the pebbles just did what pebbles do when they hit the water, they sank to the bottom, so I decided to touch the water and see if I could grab one of the sparkles which were flecks of what I could describe as gems, so I grabbed one of the gems that was sparkling in the water and I picked it up it was glowing a beautiful blue color I was in awe. I heard some people approaching where I was crouching, so I decided to run away. I put Ione of the gems in my pocket it was still glowing so I had to put my hand over my pocket to make sure that Gem would not attract any attention so I ran, I ran as far as my little legs could carry me thank goodness for the coffee. 
 I get to back to the café where it hasn't changed at all, the same people sitting around sipping at their expensive refreshments. The gem had stopped glowing by this point, I hear the car and run to it knowing it was my husband here to pick me up to go home after a long working day. I was thinking about telling my husband of my find. but I forgot after cleaning around and feeding the cats, before I knew it it was morning. And that my friends is when I woke to a completely different life a different me, a different house, everything I knew had changed.

© 2021 jess foreman


Author's Note

jess foreman
Ignore the grammar work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Added on November 26, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2021
Tags: superhero., cold, winter, warm, coffee, hero