Talking To Imaginary Friends

Talking To Imaginary Friends

A by jessfoundwonder

It's been seventeen months, now, and I know he's no good. Deep down, I swear I do. But it still cuts like knives to remember how we used to be, you know?

And to him, I am nothing. How is it that after everything is said and done, someone always comes out on top? Well, I guess that leave me at the bottom, then.

And it doesn't help when he calls me. Three times he has, and each time, he recited that, that thing he says. That thing he says to all the girls like me.

How he wants to "start over", and "be friends again". How we "ended badly" and "he misses me".

And all the searching and building I've done just falls apart. It's always a hundred steps forward, a thousand steps back with him.

Then he smiles and leaves me to think for hours.

Endless.

But I hate him, I say. I hate that he walked away with no explination. Like I don't deserve anything from him. Like I'm just some throw away girl, not anything to dwell upon.

And the sad truth is, I've never had anything like him. Not before, not after. And I hate to say it, but I did love him. And him loved me too, he said. He insisted.

And now I can't get away.

I guess we all have our ghosts.

© 2009 jessfoundwonder


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, some emotions are so fitting, the core essense struck me as haunting
which i could feel in the first three lines, a heartbroken solace
so life changing it feels as if it left a forever scar across the soul.
a love so great that its more than anything in the world. impressive depth.
keep up the great work :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Everyone has an inner ghost. Without her, I think I would be lost. Sure every now and then she creeps the hell out of me, makes me utterly insane, but sometimes they are there to help us. Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this, because I'm 15, too. And it pisses me off when they say oh, you don't really know what love is like, how could you? You're just in high school.
But that's why I like this. You and I...we know. We know that love hits us hardest in high school. It comes, flips our worlds, then leaves, out of our lives forever (or at least till the next one comes to flip us again).
I like the format of this as well. very good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this. It's haunting.
"Like I'm just some throw away girl, not anything to dwell upon."
That line really struck home. I hate it when guys can just drop a girl and appear to not give a s**t. It's insensitive and un-human.
You ended this write perfectly.
"I guess we all have our ghosts"
That we do.
Excellent write.

-Elissa :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's perfectly fine when the imaginary friend you're talking to, is yourself.

Very nice write here Jess!
You're guess was right, our ghosts, are really just us.

Have a great eve!
Antonio


Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, I would call this more prose than poetry. It does capture a strand of thoughts and layer them in an interesting way. It is straight forward, and has no metaphor, simile, or this-means-that. I generally don't like too much over abstraction or mysterious wordiness...that makes a piece seem trite and over-reaching. None of that here. I think possibly that all your pieces are biographical. This piece make me feels as though you feel Bleeeeeahh. You are not devastated. You are not pissed. You are just realizing that this boy is playing head games. People like that are generally categorized as a piece-of-crap in my book. If I get walked on...I walk on.

You have talent Jess, but I'd like to see some more creativity. Make me FEEL.
But then again...I'm one to be talking. I am about as inspired as cold french fries, right now.

Keep writing--

Mark

Posted 14 Years Ago


We do all have out ghosts.
Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


you've got an actual talent for writing. I mean, you don't just follow the handbook and write a nice piece that'd get you an A. You write what everyone else is afraid to write, what the handbook fails to mention, the kind of stuff that gets a B because it is too honest. You're just an amazing writer. Thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


an interersting peice. first off, this is rather well written (a couple typos, but no biggie). this peice is penned with a solid, fluid voice and the authors emotions can be felt.

nicely done indeed :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 23, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silhouettes Silhouettes

A Poem by Meghan