Heads or Tails

Heads or Tails

A Story by jessefenton
"

I felt inspired to write the other day. This is an adventurous story that could have many twists and turns. Tell me if you enjoy this. Should I write more?

"

     Everything moves slowly. Everything is red. As I struggle to blink out the blood clouding my view, my vision begins to pierce through the crimson haze. I realize that, while I am sitting still, the world around me is moving. Rolling my head to the side, I wince in pain and begin to take in my surroundings.

     I am sitting in the driver’s seat of a car. The blood that was impeding my eyesight was from a laceration above my right brow. My mind is muddled with confusion and frustration. Attempting to comprehend my current situation, I pan my eyes across my surroundings. My eyes briefly scan the area haphazardly before jumping back to the passenger seat of the vehicle. I am not alone. 

     An empty, queasy feeling has settled in the pit of my stomach; the type you get when suddenly dropping vertically, like you would on a rollercoaster. It is at this very moment that I become aware that the trajectory of the car does not seem to be moving parallel to the earth. Rather, It seems to me that the nose is tipping downward. To further confirm my recent realization, I feel myself slowly lifting out of my seat until my seatbelt tightens, locking me into place.  Various items around the vehicle, cups, bags, a magazine or crossword I purchased to kill time, are also taking flight. Amongst all the commotion I once again rest my sights upon my associate. 

     He looks like a perfectly average person to me. He was wearing blue jeans, a slightly dirty, white undershirt, covered by a brown, weather beaten, worn out, leather jacket. He has a pair of sunglasses hanging from the neckline of his shirt. What brand they are I cant be sure, but I guess that doesn’t really matter. His features themselves are nothing spectacular to behold. He is no Adonis, whose handsome features could cause one to be love-struck at the mere sight of him. Neither is he repulsive or someone unappealing. One could say that he possesses above average looks. He seems to have a sort of rugged charm. 

     After looking over him, I still feel as though something is missing. My head throbs in agony the more I concentrate. It is not the only part of body that is hurting. I feel agony shooting throughout of my chest and my shirt feels hot and sticky. Using every ounce of strength I have in me, I loll my head downwards in order to view my torso. What is presented to me elicits even an even greater sense of bewilderment. There are three bullet wounds, splattered across the expanse of my trunk. All three sear with pain and ooze a dark, thick liquid: more blood. 

     The pressure in my head has built to a point feeling near to eruption. Right when I reach my limit, everything becomes perfectly clear. The world around me slows. All appears peaceful, serene. It just hit me; the one detail of this entire scene that I seem to have overlooked. I jolt my head up and returned my attention to the passenger. I have been shot multiple times and am currently in a car that has hurtled off the edge of a cliff. What’s more, the person sitting next to me has a certain, distinct feature that I overlooked on my initial observation. He looks exactly like me. As I struggle to remember more and piece together my shattered memory, a single thought is repeating loudly over and over in my head. How the hell did I get here?

© 2013 jessefenton


Author's Note

jessefenton
Any help comments are appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well described and full of mystery:) great job!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


As I struggled to blink out the blood that clouded my view, everything moved slowly and it was red. My vision finally began to pierce through the crimson haze and then I realized that it was the world that moved around me while I sat still. I winced in pain when I rolled my head to the side to take in my surroundings.

I think you need to past tense the vocabulary. I think you need to keep your elements and rearrange the pieces into other sentences.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 15, 2013
Tags: adventure, mystery, teen, fiction, fantasy, young adult

Author

jessefenton
jessefenton

Miami, FL



About
I like to write every now and then more..