Carry me

Carry me

A Poem by jesserose99
"

the Iroquois world on top of turtles back theory

"

Come,

carry me

on your back

save me from falling

through the cracks


Inside,

outside

I must...confide


I am your world,

I cannot hide


Times barriers

money and things

mean nothing to what

nature brings


My people are mighty slow

like the turtle that lives below


they hate and fight and kill their brothers

but nothings loves as they love each other


One day they will come to see

they are part of the flesh of you and me


Until then they will walk my surface

upon your back

"turtle...at your service"

© 2016 jesserose99


Author's Note

jesserose99
Incase this isn't so clear:

This is about the Iroqouis legend of a pregnant woman who fell through the cracks of the sky world, and landed on the turtles back, so now the turtle carries the world on his back. She is talking to the turtle saying her earth people are slow like the turtle because they keep fighting, but they love one another deeply, and that one day the people of earth will see, that they are of the same flesh as earth and the turtle, we are all one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am all about peace and understanding that we are all the same can go along way to achieving this ancient quest. Your poem shows we have the love part but greed and corruption always spoils our efforts. We have no choice but to keep trying. Thank you for an insightful read. Blessings, Richie.

Posted 8 Years Ago


What an interesting legend this is....and your poem does it justice, Jesse. An uplifting write. Perhaps one day we will all have a peaceful world in which to live....we can hope. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


we all need to fall onto the turtle's back, and just slow down...there is too much aggressiveness, and the need for instant gratification....and that causes conflict...

excellent metaphor here.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Beautiful poem !

My surface upon your back.... is amazing.

use of Turtle as symbol of expression is excellent.

Vipin


Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thank you Vipin! I appreciate your review!
It has an aberrant quality in the tenor. For its slow groove it's still pretty neat in form, though nuanced a little faint. After reading it twice I noticed an expressive poise of line, yarn and sentiment that felt indicative and vicarious..

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

I love your review, thank you for stopping by...I must admit, I needed to look up a word or too, but.. read more
sjgeorge35

8 Years Ago

haha. I'm not sure if my poetry is for anyone right now. Including myself. Thanks and good luck.
The message is clear as highly polished glass. A truely wonderious piece. The Iroquois know what we all hope for don't they? And you related it perfectly. Your writing easily expresses one in touch with peace.
bill


Posted 8 Years Ago


This is really good :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thanks Ruby...will stop by and see you soon.
This is very neat. I am thankful for your description as well. This poem is very nice. Thank you for sharing it with us. My favorite part was....
"One day they will come to see
they are part of the flesh of you and me"
it is how I feel and why I love nature so much to see it put into these words was truly amazing. Great job!


Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thank you Rachel, I am glad you enjoyed it and that something in there spoke to you!
Beautiful and original. It is all we can hope for that one day, we will be as one with everything and everyone around us as we were meant to be. We should think of the burden those turtles bare, while we are lost in our own.
Love this Jesse.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thanks acoustic, wasn't sure about it, had a better pic that wouldn't copy of a pregnant lady on top.. read more
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

Don't we all :)
Thanks for the notes. I feel better now. Great imagery within your writing. Read it a couple time before your notes. Habit that I have good or bad. Thanks for sharing a bit of the other world.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thanks Willard! a good piece of advice...as always you have something useful to say..i really do app.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

792 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2016
Last Updated on January 7, 2016

Author

jesserose99
jesserose99

lakewood, CO



About
I am a tarot reader and numerologist, who loves to write poetry. I also write songs and love to sing and play guitar. I love art too, so clearly I just have a passion for creativity. Also love my dog.. more..

Writing
roads roads

A Poem by jesserose99



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Jack Jack

A Poem by jesserose99