Angel's Reach

Angel's Reach

A Story by Lily
"

A short story, much like "You Are Normal."

"
From above, you see a bird drop itself in pursuit of a small bug. You can only catch a glimpse of the creature, but you can see the graceful and determined acts of the bird. When it gets only inches from the ground, it flourishes it's wings out, leaving it horizontally, almost suspended in mid-air. Allowing itself to fall back into a more gentle dive. It swoops down and catches the bug in an instant. It lets off a small sound from the displaced air around it. All of this happening in a matter of seconds. You relax as you let go of a breath you didn't realize you were holding in. It pulls back, exposing it's white feathery stomach. Gracefully, it smooths it's flight back into a horizontal position, flying towards a massive city made of a strange crystal glass material that appears fragile but has obviously stood the test of time. You think to your self, "This... This is Angel's Reach."

© 2014 Lily


Author's Note

Lily
Most of you may have my gender confused, (Except David.) and I was thinking, I kind of like that, I can act how ever I want. You won't yell at me for making a joke that may seem sexist. Just something I thought I might share with all of you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your attention to detail is truly admirable. You are definitely meant for writing


Posted 4 Years Ago


This is a beautiful example of simple beauty! I love this piece it is so gentle, well done. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely piece of work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like this, it's beautiful and light like something William Blake would write.
This is enchantingly beautiful and well written.
Well done. ^^

Posted 9 Years Ago


Bluefire

9 Years Ago

He's one of my favorite poets. He was a great poet, very light. He liked to write of birds and angel.. read more
Lily

9 Years Ago

I'll look him up, and I'll let you know if I write anything like it again.
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

Okay, thanks. ^^ I think you'd enjoy his pieces.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014

Author

Lily
Lily

STALKER!, OH



About
Will be trying to upload on Fridays as consistently as possible, and occasionally in between. more..

Writing
Determined Determined

A Poem by Lily


Undecided Name Undecided Name

A Poem by Lily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


She's a Vampire She's a Vampire

A Poem by Lily