The Note

The Note

A Chapter by Jeremy Hiles
"

The new night guard finds an eerie note

"

I walked back down the hall, looking at the pictures on the walls along the way.  It was obvious that the children loved it here, and the more I stayed the more comfortable I became with the place.  As I passed by the party rooms, I could see that people were slowly starting to pack up their things and leave.  I glanced at my watch.  9:03. Well closing time was technically at 9:30 or 10:00 depending on if it was a weekday or not, but I still had nearly 3 hours before my shift started.  I decided to go to my office and try to clean things up a bit, since whoever had it before had left a mess.  It looked like someone had thrown a ream of papers across the floor and not bothered to even try to clean up, something I had noticed earlier but not paid any special attention to. 

            

I walked in my office and began picking up the stray papers, making a stack in the middle of the floor.  The papers mostly consisted of insurance paperwork, job requirements, bank statements, and personal information, just to name a few.  I wasn’t really paying any attention to them, but one caught my eye.  This one wasn’t typed out, it was handwritten.  I picked it up and sat in my chair to read it. 

            

Every night I hear it, the creaking and moaning.  I think it is coming from the kitchen, but I am not sure.  Every time I walk in, no one is there, yet as soon as I get back in my office, it starts again.  Sometimes I see things moving on the cameras, but I can’t make them out.  Randomly the cameras get really fuzzy or even black out completely for a few seconds, and it looks like something has been moved in the room such as a chair or two knocked out of place and once an entire table was knocked over.  I hear footsteps at times, the sound of someone running, but never see who it is.  At first I thought it was others playing a trick on me, but now after four nights, I am not so sure anymore.  All I know is that this place is not right after hours.  I think tonight will be my last night here; I can’t take it much longer.

            

I leaned back in my chair, trying to figure out what I had just read.  It seemed to be whoever had worked here just before me, but was he just overreacting?  I had not seen anything to creep me out in any of the ways he was describing.  I glanced at the monitors but didn’t see anything unusual, a few people here and there packing up their last few things and a couple of staff sweeping and mopping the floors.  Nothing to be creeped out about.  I gave the note one last look and put it in the stack, deciding it was either a prank or the guy had either been on drugs or was already mentally unstable.  Either way, I saw no reason to be bothered by some random note from some guy who supposedly worked in that office before me. 

            

I finished cleaning up the papers and took the stack out to a trash can in the nearest party room.  I threw them in and headed back towards my office, and glanced at my watch.  9:47. I decided to take a detour on the way back and stop by the kitchen.  I passed by a few families on their way out, and one of the staff wiping off tables.  I walked into the kitchen and looked around.  The floor was covered in the same white and black tile as pretty much everywhere else in the place, and the walls had a few posters as well as a sign reminding workers to wash their hands before dealing with food.  I glanced up at the camera in the corner to see what was wrong with it, but there wasn’t any apparent damage to it, for some reason it just didn’t display video.  I gave the kitchen a final look around, and headed back to my office. 

            

As I was walking back, I stopped by the food counter and grabbed a cupcake.  I was finished by the time I walked in my office, and decided to look around in my file cabinet for anything else I should know about my job requirements. 



© 2015 Jeremy Hiles


Author's Note

Jeremy Hiles
The fan fiction continues!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

XD I am already starting to freak out a little bit, it is probably just me lol I like visualizing things xD and this reminds me of the night at the museum, except with creepy robots which is of course scary lol xD so I guess you did a good job on this chapter lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ me didn't so that's good haha I think most writers and readers do xD lol
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

well good! haha yeah, that's true lol XD
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ indeed! lol



Reviews

XD I am already starting to freak out a little bit, it is probably just me lol I like visualizing things xD and this reminds me of the night at the museum, except with creepy robots which is of course scary lol xD so I guess you did a good job on this chapter lol

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ me didn't so that's good haha I think most writers and readers do xD lol
Jeremy Hiles

8 Years Ago

well good! haha yeah, that's true lol XD
~*~Peace Keeper~*~

8 Years Ago

^^ indeed! lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on July 18, 2015
Tags: 5 Nights at Freddies, 5, Nights, Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, creepy, game, fan fiction, scary, jumpscare, job


Author

Jeremy Hiles
Jeremy Hiles

Kathleen, FL



About
I enjoy reading and writing most all genres. I have written several short stories and am currently working on two books, as well as another story that very well could end up becoming a book too. I l.. more..

Writing