Who is that?

Who is that?

A Chapter by It's Me, The Miracle
"

The 2nd chapter of the book Peter's diary. The chapter deals with the arrival of John, the baptist and Peter's doubts about him. Peter is confused whether John is the Messiah.

"

Day 2


Yah, who is that? Is he the Messiah? He speaks in the wilderness and attracts many. He holds the courage to question the Sadducees and Pharisees.  He even makes people aware about their slavery. Yah, my Lord, Is he the one who came to rescue us. He baptizes people in the water. Lord, what is baptism? Is it a solution for our problems? Lord, my God, please, do reveal your great plan for us. If he is our redeemer, please let us know that.

Lord, I really am confused. His activities speak about his messianic status but the scriptures don’t support him. His father is a priest in the high temple and his mother is married and is not a virgin. He wears clothes of camel's hair; he eats locusts and wild honey. He preaches baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin. Can the water of Jordan redeem us from all our sins? What exactly is right? Who is he? I want to know it, my Lord. Please help me to understand the things that happen around.


Day 3


Today, James came here to meet Andrew. Even he was discussing about the messiah in the wilderness. He and John have heard a lot about him. His name is John and he is known as John, the Baptist. He tells that another will come after him who will not baptize with water, but with the Holy Spirit and fire. He also professed about the arrival of a much powerful man. He even does not consider himself as worthy to carry the sandals of the expected one. John, names himself as the one who came prepare the way for the Lord.


Lord, is that an indication of the arrival of our redeemer. Is he on his way to free us from this slavery and tears. During discussion with Andrew, James and John, all were thinking about the arrival of John the Baptist as the fulfillment of prophecy in the book of Isaiah.


“I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way �" a voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him."


If John is the one who came to prepare the way, Messiah is somewhere nearby. Thank you Lord. But, John was telling about Baptism with Holy Spirit and fire. What is Holy Spirit? How is it possible to immerse a person in fire? Won’t he die with fire? Though, there are still confusions, I feel happy on the hope of his arrival. I am sure, he will come and clear all our doubts.


 



© 2016 It's Me, The Miracle


Author's Note

It's Me, The Miracle
Thanks a lot for spending time on my words

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was an interesting story I give you that. It kind of reminds me of reading the bible if you know what I'm saying but all in all it's good.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016
Tags: John the baptist, Baptism of forgiveness, Forgiveness of sin