Note This Economy

Note This Economy

A Story by Leo TheSaint
"

At the time of bad economy only the poor tend to face the heat while the richer keep finding ways of squeezing from the poor.

"
Mmh what's the day today that I know I wont hear "Not him again with his blah blah"
Yes this my favorite time killer or when I have free hands'
Just filling inboxes with laughters, tears, tickle for those who can't so they can just hate.
but wait before you rush to click delete why don't you read and smile simple because somebody took time to fill you inbox and I know you don't like it but I can't help.

Anyway as we all know how hard the life is right now, also still seems like the same for those who live under tight budget while some of us we still dig deep and deeper into our pockets looking for some change to make a move or in another way of saying "ukulima wa matuta mtoni"
more into that issue of economy,

Chicago Banker George Michael (yes The banker and not the singer), seeking to avoid $80,000 a year in property taxes, decided to call his $3 million mansion a "Church" and apply for tax exemption as a Pastor.
I like this story here sounds funny in another hand but A man has to do what he has to do; right?.
So this mean its okay when we hear somebody like me coming up with some scam issue like that or it will be " Yule jamaa kashikwa na kichaa"

In July 2008 His application was somehow preliminary approved by Illinois Department of Revenue, And this application included a photograph of the "church" which was just a shot of an outer wall of Michael's house with large cross on it, except that the cross was later discovered to have been merely placed on the photograph in a marker pen. Vwalaa 
easy like that you go your way I go mine just like those we call them "mafisadi".
off course this was later ended since all those discovered later and now we read it so pay tax or go to hell Pastor..

Still on economy and its effects to some of us here and there, getting up and going to work still seems not working enough on our favor, now I am avoiding my own mail box, phone call with no numbers that I not familial with as well those I know where they might belongs, but I love the beeps from home country cause I don't have to call them back unless..
But how long will I keep on running away away from bills and debts but at-least today I get time to ask myself "how the hell did I get myself into this debt" " by the way i don't get to drive the car am still paying off due to gas price, police tickets, don't forget that I'm self employee who I chew my nails to earn living" 
Until I bumped to this fellows like us trying to earn so called "decent living"

And just incase you think all this issues affects you only ask a 36 years-old-woman who pleaded guilty to a prostitution in Oklahoma City in June, for giving oral sex to a Frito-Lay employee in a exchange for a case of chips. How bad economy can be when stuff like this happen.
Or what about a 36-years-old drag queen, who said he usually gets $60 for oral sex ; explained to Toronto Star in June during interview. He told the news that due to recession, lately he has been receiving offers as low as $5. Said "Ray" " I didn't spend two hours getting makeup on and all dressed up for ($5).

So in the mean time am stuck here unless I come up with my own church of its kind..
Haleluya.

©2009 Leo The Saint

© 2013 Leo TheSaint


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on July 4, 2013
Last Updated on July 4, 2013
Tags: Politics, Economy, Life, Straggle

Author

Leo TheSaint
Leo TheSaint

Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania



About
I am who I am Born and raised in one beautiful country called Tanzania as only son in my family, grew up with full of joy and smothered that I end up hating it one point. I grew up with lots of love.. more..

Writing
Boy Meet a girl Boy Meet a girl

A Stage Play by Leo TheSaint