Comfort

Comfort

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

Product of LOVE

"

I have sought comfort in the arms of many.

These arms held on, but not to suffice.

Beyond memory are the times in which my smile was constructed of more than bone and skin.

My endless efforts to establish that which so many looked down on, has left me the fool.

I sought comfort in the hearts of many;

Making myself out, without need, to be the victim in love's cruel maze.

Those arms which were to comfort, have left scars, of all sizes.

Now the means through which this pain was established,

The reason for my efforts has declared pity,

Stating my pressence is the only reason our circumstances have prolonged.

Dignity, how I miss you.

You left when I needed you.

I sought comfort in anger, in raw emotion.

Unwise...

Left me to suffer, wallow in my shame.

Elusive as a thief, so comfort has visited me,

Unable to grasp, but glimpse, as the shrubbery of fantasy hides its movements.

Allow me peace, haunting memories!

Spare me the fear of being alone!

I am alone...Too many say they are here, but who holds me?

Who whispers in my ear, to ignite that sense of hope?

Religion requires belief, but I fear that has grown dim...

Left only to question my error.

MY errors, more precise.

How can one love and leave? Even in the darkest of situations, my being would never depart a loved one.

Is it so, that love has its own meaning from person to person?

I have sought comfort in a lie.

That if only i put in all I have, am and own, good must come.

Another act of a genuine fool. leaving me again, only to burn in the fire my dream so long ago started.

Curse, with the most potent urge, the essence of deceit...

It has lured me in once again to lay hold of something not meant to be.

Meant to be? What is fate if not the product, the result of today's actions?

I say fate, life, the future is what you make it;

So if one so boldy proclaims that whatever happens happens, avoids reality,

Simply stating that their interests are elsewhere!!

 

I have sought..but I have not found.

In my search, I am left searching.

In my sorrow, I am left bleeding.

But who is the sculpture of this masterpiece of torment?

The writer of this poem!

He is to blame.

Nothing more unlike putting a blade to my hand, have I brought myself to tears of red.

 

I have sought Happiness, but Happiness is a gift, not a reward.

 

MY statement to those who diligently seek such a thing as love, be well aware that its not an item to be held, nor can you hold on to it. Its a choice, dont give to receive, for I havent, yet here I am in infamous pain.

 

Now the thoughts of the object of my affection entertaining the reach of another curses my sleep, and rebukes rest!!

It reminds me of how accurate my insecurities were. Being told great things simply to let down the vital defense, now left in the open for further intrusion!

Why has life dealt so scornfully with me?

Was I wrong in my efforts to make things last?

Now, left to think of all thats left to come, I consider my actions and my future steps.

No more bruises. No more worries. No more unnecassary hurt. Life is horrible, plain and simple.

Only the unwise take on extra burdens.

~~Seek love, but never find, hold it, but never keep, release it, and see it no more.~~

If all I have been through, I may spare the soul of another, I see it worth while.

It is so sweet to love, to think another shares the exact feelings, but your imagination could ne'er construct the suffering you go through after!

So do yourself a favor, if you believe your love is true, keep that love for someone, who first shows their love to you!

 

Joshua Bell ~corazón de sangría~

 

 

© 2009 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
It's over...Its all over

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Josh this is impressive...
expressed so poignantly! I concur with the thoughts flowing throughout this piece from beginning to end.
I truly believe in these words especially,
"How can one love and leave? Even in the darkest of situations, my being would never depart a loved one.
Is it so, that love has its own meaning from person to person?
I have sought comfort in a lie.
TRUE love is able to endure-so what is it when it doesn't?
Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hey Josh, this poem speaks pain and knowledge obtained. It is amazing how love and pain can be translated in one poem such as you have here. Each emotion appears as a seperate poem but you bring it together nicely to convey your message. I really enjoy your work. I think is the 3rd or 4th piece I've read and I like the deepness you take the readers. Great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's never over. Just the beginning of something new.

Great piece. I find peace in the words. Most people should be able to bacuse it is a common feelings. Pain, Deceit, Love and Repeat. Maturity brings us the comfort to look past one step in life so we can see what our future holds. I can feel what you expressed from line to line and it is the truth that so many are scared to see. The reality that life goes on without your presence.

I love this poem.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Righteous man

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are so many emtions making their presence known in this poem.
You tell us of anger, pain, fear, and confusion..all of this is in an attempt to
describe the agony of love to people. In truth love hurts it's the worst kind of
pain...so easy to give, so heartbreaking when it's shoved back at u in unrecognizable
pieces. Love is both emotional and physical so the feelings of its high are amazing and
its lows make u want to push away reality:

I have sought..but I have not found.
In my search, I am left searching.
In my sorrow, I am left bleeding.

I wonder why is it like this why do we hunt and never find?
Even if we make it to our supposed goals we're still searching.
As a child we seek our mother's to help the stomach aches go
away, but sooner or later we realize that kissing our cheek doesn't
make the pain stop. Great poem Josh u packed so much energy into
it, I felt every word

Be Blessed



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh this is impressive...
expressed so poignantly! I concur with the thoughts flowing throughout this piece from beginning to end.
I truly believe in these words especially,
"How can one love and leave? Even in the darkest of situations, my being would never depart a loved one.
Is it so, that love has its own meaning from person to person?
I have sought comfort in a lie.
TRUE love is able to endure-so what is it when it doesn't?
Excellent write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Josh....this poem is a beautiful poem...so many of these points I can agree with as I have experienced some of these things...and then some...Life...love..just seemingly very hard...very challenging,rather.
I wrote a poem recently..."A reason to Try Again"...I wrote it from my heart..but how does one find the ability to believe there are reasons to try again if all they experience is just pain and hardship...How does one bring themself to throw themself back out there?..truth is...I don't know how...because I haven't done it myself. And I don't know if I will.
This poem was so painful to read...as I have witnessed most of these things and also experienced them...Such horror! brought forth in a serenading fashion....the choice of words...quite fitting!...This poem....wow....It's left me speechless.
J, I'm really sorry that all this has happened to you, you seriously don't deserve it. But, as we've both been able to acknowledge, the good are the ones made to suffer in most scenarios..if not all. How unfortunate.
This poem brought back a lot of emotions...tears welled up in my eyes...all that's been going on laid down in a written format...yet, u and I both know that almost each phrase contains another thing behind it.
Amazing write Joshua Bell.
And may you never be this successful again, as more success in this manner would show that you've gone through more pain and I hope to God that does not happen.
That's only one of my prayers for you. Keep the faith..."His strength is perfect when our strength is gone..He'll carry us when we can't carry on..Raised in His power, the weak become strong. His strength is perfect..yes,His strength is perfect" (one of my fave songs..may it minister to you).
Marvellous, my friend. Marvellous!

God Bless.

~~Blessed~~;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 4, 2009
Last Updated on February 4, 2009

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing