Struggle

Struggle

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

Written by spur of the moment. Just a reflection (yet again) on me.

"

The words which once comforted, have left me to grieve the past.

The heart which once embraced, has taken journey, forever lasts.

From the depths of irrepairable depression, I climb with little hope,

From panick, to fear, to worry to doubt, but my person, never shows.

My stature deceives, as one who can endure.

My speech, it  conceals, what time will bring to shore.

The conscience speaks to me, concerning that to do,

Should I entertain the concept? Or disclose to a certain few?

Peace has been my target, that elusive blessing of grace.

Love has been my precept, but avoids with unparalleled pace.

Poetry is my medium, through which my sufferings be made known,

That others may learn from what these endless words have shown.

Timidity, grace me again, as once you kept me safe.

Preventing me from this suffering, hiding me from this place.

Void of understanding, still I lurk to fix the torn,

Reluctant in handeling this promise I have sworn.

Made to be the culprit, the enemy of my fate,

All spawning from a simple desire once had, to better what was great.

Now left in peril, as my target has decided it time,

To walk in its own direction, to simply 'leave love behind'.

Gaining more knowledge, as the day strolls along,

I can never be happy, if i repeat the same old song...

 

 

 

© 2009 Broken Warrior


Author's Note

Broken Warrior
Not perfect, My first poem that rhymes, mainly because I believe adhering to a rhyming scheme limits the writer, so I did what came to me. God bless

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is good stuff. I feel the same way about rhyming sometimes. But i have to hand it to you... I think you did this poem justice. This style of writing is actually very challenging. Like you said, It poses limits. But the awesome thing is that i didn't see a hint of struggling to find the right words. Your poem flowed and sang.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is good stuff. I feel the same way about rhyming sometimes. But i have to hand it to you... I think you did this poem justice. This style of writing is actually very challenging. Like you said, It poses limits. But the awesome thing is that i didn't see a hint of struggling to find the right words. Your poem flowed and sang.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't kow if you feel rhyming has limited your writing. This poem is off the charts. Sometimes in order to say something there is only one way to say it. I understand your feeling at this moment when you wrote this piece but I am not sure it would of came across as powerful any other way. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh my gosh Joshua this is amazing my favorite of yours I can't believe it's ur first
time rhyming. Usually some people make their rhyming verses short so it has a fast
catchy pace, but this one is beautiful it takes on a more fluid rhyme tone. And it's
slightly abstract though the hints of something or someone leaving u and ur confusion
does show through. I feel ur mind flexin Josh I can't wait to see what u have next.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the rhythm actually...really easy going...emotional as well....i like it..but unlike ur other poems...i'm not really sure wat its talking about...are u talking in general? talking bout sumn specific?..or just for talking's sake?...i like the poem tho..pretty kool...

Its amazing how poetry is used as a means of expressing oneself yet it has the ability to be misunderstood by persons as the meaning of the piece evades them..could it be that they find it hard to c things in their simplest form?...great piece.

and the rhyming was pretty kool too.

God Bless...

~~BlessedLove~~;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Peace has been my target, that elusive blessing of grace

Wow ....what more is there to say. This is a very energetic and emotional piece. We, as individuals, struggle with so much that it tends to cloud our view of the future we hold. Yet, somehow we not only survive, we generate a positive strength within us. Some write....some sing......some teach and others are just there for support.

It was a pleasure to read this piece. Thanks for the read request.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's seriously righteous man good feel and flow know you did good on this one

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2009

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing