Pain

Pain

A Poem by York Callow
"

This poem is meant to capture the inner most feelings of myself and others while handling depression.

"

I walk around with all of this pain,

I feel the anguish and the shame.

I bear a hurt I can’t withstand,

And no one seems to understand.


This aching pain that dwells inside,

Is like a sickness that I hide.

And every breath I seem to take,

Is one step closer ‘till I break.


I like it when you laugh at me,

‘Cause it’s the only way I see

What is wrong and what is real.

Pain’s  the only thing I feel.


© 2014 York Callow


Author's Note

York Callow
I want to hear opinions -- don't hold back!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the last line. There is so much passion and meaning in your words that it is hard to not feel the emotion put into them. I do indeed adore poems, and it was great to read one of yours! Please read one of mine if you get the chance:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


It is a good poem. Nicely written with the emotion dripping from each line. It seems to successfully deliver the message of pain and hurt and sadness to the readers. Great Work!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem does really capture your feelings well, it comes across to the reader filled with an internal pain and depressions which is felt with your words. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Interesting poem, i really like it and you said the truth
Very deep, i like it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


As an empathetic human I wish the last stanza was a breakthrough instead of breaking.
The last stanza doesn't seem to have quite the same flow was the other two, but I still like it. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The poem itself was really good and for the most part I could relate because I've been a place like that before. But I didn't really understand the part that says "I like it when people laugh at me, cause it's the only way i see what is wrong and what is real" :-

Posted 9 Years Ago


I'm sorry in this poem that the speaker of the poem is in pain, not to be confused with 'sane' which is different. This makes me ponder. I am certain that I will feel pain in my lifetime, whether physical or mental. I feel pain when I recall certain conflicts that did not seem to be resolved or fights between others. Since my child was born he had brought me such joy. I had felt or believed that it was a sign of God's love for me. I thought that if I did not have a child perhaps God did not love me, or that I had not all I possibly could to show him that I wanted to be his servant. It did not have to do with infatuation but once removed. Come to find that although children are a blessing, many people did not understand my desperation, since I had not been married by the church or court when I had given birth. It is a long story and tangential to the topic of pain, though children we are warned bring people pain as well depending on how they can act or whatever troubles befall them, etc.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014

Author

York Callow
York Callow

Mobile, AL



About
Growing up in Bessemer, Alabama, I developed a taste for writing at the age of thirteen. In the seventh grade I joined a creative writing class, and did exceptionally well. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..