louder

louder

A Poem by jodi sharp

Louder yes louder.

The music pumps through the speaker.

Louder.

I sway as the hard rock screams for me.

I scream.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Louder.

I jump up and down as I hit a hard cord on my air guitar.

Louder I scream.

As I do  a stage dive into the crowd.

Yes new York city, I’m going to live forever.

Louder.

The music gets louder, I love it.

Louder.

As the audiences pulls out there lighters.

We all scream louder.

The band bows, what a performance,

Music what a drug

© 2008 jodi sharp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice imagery, very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Jodi --

Obsessing on "Louder." It's a mood. A frame of mind.

You capture it quite well actually. (And I wrote this before reading Catrinka's review.)

"pulls out there lighters." should be "pulls out their lighters."

And the last four lines, I'm wondering if you're detaching from the spirit of the piece and becoming a bit more of a narrator. Can you convey these things while still under the spell? Do those things need to be said?

I like it.




Posted 16 Years Ago


Actually, I think this captures your experience of the scene quite well. Even though I am a grandma, I've been to my share of rock concerts and it is just a simple, hard-driving, almost drug-like experience.
I want to encourage you to keep writing because the more we write, the easier it becomes to express what is inside. Keep on rockin' girl!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Nope sorry i usually give good reviews but as with a couple of other poems today this one was just not my cup of tea. It was just to bland for me. I don't really like a piece of writing to give evrything away. I want to sit back after reading and say to my self "what the f**k does that mean?"
Most poems just leave me saying "hmmmm?" though.
And well this one left me saying "ungggh"
Sorry to be a bummer.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Thank you for taking me there with you, I've been at that place, and you captured it well!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2008

Author

jodi sharp
jodi sharp

NC



About
*thought i start of with some quotes no one who knew me as a child thought i would become a successful adult.--- laurie anderson The work of one author or artist may stimulate another author or arti.. more..

Writing
humore me humore me

A Poem by jodi sharp


so bad so bad

A Poem by jodi sharp