SUMMER REMEMBRALLS

SUMMER REMEMBRALLS

A Poem by Sir Joe
"

This summer’s hotness is sweltering but why, when our flame’s added to it, the season becomes hotly pleasing?

"


The feel of this one summer day’s heat

Is nothing like the warmth that we shared

One summer night atop the thick sheets.

 

My dry lips caused by the dry weather

Long for the moisture you once gave them

And the touch from yours that are tender.

 

The fragrance of the flowers in dearth

Reminds me of the scent, so zestful,

Of your body, your breath and your shirt.

 

The blow of the warm breeze from the trees

That kisses my so perspiring skin

S’like feeling the air that out you breathe.

 

Sudden taps from my peers so tactless

Are shocking but incomparable

To your electrifying caress.

 

This summer’s hotness is sweltering

But why, when our flame’s added to it,

The season becomes hotly pleasing?

 

Now tell me, will I get the better

Of the days left for this time of year?

Shall we again be by each other? 

© 2013 Sir Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So, this is it. I saw you counting your fingers while we, your classmates, were having discussion in the class; I never had an idea that you were writing a poem. You are totally amazing, first you were able to come up with a shape poetry after an exhaustive day, and now this one, an another highly rhetoric piece written amidst busy ambiance.

I had two different interpretations after reading the poem, but I want to dwell more on the first that came up in my mind : for me it seems that the poetic persona in the poem were telling that when (s)he is with the one (s)he loves --sharing their passion, the causing discomfort brought by the heat of the summer turned out to be conducive for intimacy.

As for the form, I liked your choices of word. It is just that this is a bit new to me since I am used of you of infusing informal languages in your poem; in here you used plain formal words which created me an impression that the poetic persona is in a serious tone. What impressed me more is the 9-syllable-per-line metric pattern that you have followed. You were so consistent plus the complicated rhyming scheme which is aba-cdc-efe-ghg-iji-klk-mnm.

I am looking forward to read more form you. You are getting better and better in term of form. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Now that's another CONSTRUCTIVE review from my big sister. Having received such, I thank you so much.. read more



Reviews

Such a beautiful poem! Great work, Have a great night.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Vida. =)
ENJOY A CUP OF COFFEE

10 Years Ago

You are welcome. -Cheyanne (:
Once at a drive in, a double date, my peers tap was not, cold hands on my a*s, now that was a surprise.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dear Sir Joe

Thank you for your request to review this poem which I am pleased to undertake.

You have seen my style of reviewing before so I need not repeat myself.

So straight to my review.

Your title: Now there is an intriguing title in metaphor. The word does not exist in the English Lexicon, but its derivation is from JK Rowling's 'Harry Potter' books.

Here is a definition straight off the internet:

'A Remembrall is a tennis ball-sized clear, glass ball that contains smoke that turns red when its owner has forgotten something. It turns clear once whatever was forgotten is remembered'

So one assumes the piece that follows may be about things forgotten or remembered.

It is an allusion that certainly draws me as a reader in.

Then we have your quote to guide us:

'This summer’s hotness is sweltering but why, when our flame’s added to it, the season becomes hotly pleasing'

So I figure it is about love.

Structure: Seven three line stanzas where the rhyme throughout is aba. That is the first and third lines rhyme. As for rhythm, the equal length of the lines gives it a mellowness that is soft on the ear.

So Bravo so far.

Favourite lines and allusions:

' The fragrance of the flowers in dearth
Reminds me of the scent, so zestful,
Of your body, your breath and your shirt'

and

'The blow of the warm breeze from the trees
That kisses my so perspiring skin
S’like feeling the air that out you breathe.'

I particularly like the S'like.

In both these stanzas you bring the colour and sensation in nature into the piece which only serves to add to its sensuousness.

Meaning and so to favourite part.

I will keep this brief. Remembrall straight away gives a notion of love found but lost.

One need only look at the last stanza which seems to me to give away the plot:

'Now tell me, will I get the better
Of the days left for this time of year?
Shall we again be by each other?'

She's gone and you are recalling fond memories lost.

I admire your stanza in the middle where you compare the banality of others and perhaps they treat you in the land of lost love.

It is well expressed.

'Sudden taps from my peers so tactless
Are shocking but incomparable
To your electrifying caress.

So in overview a subtle, accomplished, well structured piece of verse, which I found I could not add to with adverse critique.

I hope you find this helpful.

Your friend



James







Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Sir James, if you're saying that the review you gave isn't good enough because you were tired when y.. read more
James Hanna-Magill

10 Years Ago

Dear Sir Jo

I enjoyed the read and review, even if I was a bit sleepy at the time.
read more
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sir James. =)
You always put a smile on my face. =)
=
So, this is it. I saw you counting your fingers while we, your classmates, were having discussion in the class; I never had an idea that you were writing a poem. You are totally amazing, first you were able to come up with a shape poetry after an exhaustive day, and now this one, an another highly rhetoric piece written amidst busy ambiance.

I had two different interpretations after reading the poem, but I want to dwell more on the first that came up in my mind : for me it seems that the poetic persona in the poem were telling that when (s)he is with the one (s)he loves --sharing their passion, the causing discomfort brought by the heat of the summer turned out to be conducive for intimacy.

As for the form, I liked your choices of word. It is just that this is a bit new to me since I am used of you of infusing informal languages in your poem; in here you used plain formal words which created me an impression that the poetic persona is in a serious tone. What impressed me more is the 9-syllable-per-line metric pattern that you have followed. You were so consistent plus the complicated rhyming scheme which is aba-cdc-efe-ghg-iji-klk-mnm.

I am looking forward to read more form you. You are getting better and better in term of form. :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Now that's another CONSTRUCTIVE review from my big sister. Having received such, I thank you so much.. read more
Nice one again, Sir Joe. The season really becomes hotly pleasing to everyone. :)

How about this line? "And the touch from yours that are tender." There's something confusing with it.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

I am sorry I can't contained myself from not saying this reaction that I have after reading your con.. read more
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

It might be an option to attach therewith a background music, but I must agree with Ms. Belle that o.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Ah, yes Ms. Belle. I am an open-minded person and I learned from the information you had given. Anyw.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2013

Author

Sir Joe
Sir Joe

Stoneville, Oragonland, Pearl of the Orient Seas, Philippines



About
Writing is one way I preserve memories, ideas, thoughts, and moments. When I write, I feel I keep a record of the pieces of my existence. Through writing, my deepest emotions become unrestrained, the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Childhood Childhood

A Poem by oh,hey.