7 Common Mistakes Car Owners Should Avoid

7 Common Mistakes Car Owners Should Avoid

A Story by Joe Limbo

Some car owners keep complaining their cars often need to be repaired while they are unaware that it could be their fault. Orange County vehicle broker service providers share a few common mistakes car owners should avoid.


1. Driving Immediately after Starting Up

When getting in the car, often, the car owners start the engine and drive away. Since the car engines must have 10 to 15 seconds to provide critical components with oil and let RMPs drop down, this habit can wreak havoc. Especially in the cold weather, the oil can get thicker; therefore, it is necessary to give the car 20 to 30 seconds to start up.

2. Neglecting the Car to Warm Up

The car owners are often to drive away right after starting their engines. This causes the car to get pushed harder before it warms up. You must wait for several seconds until the engine gets to the right temperature before speeding up.

In exceptional cases, like emergencies, you may have to drive away immediately right after starting the engine, but make sure not to do it on a regular basis.

3. Putting Premium Unnecessarily

Adding premium to the car when it just requires the regular one is a waste of money because it will bring no enhancement in the performance or fuel economy. The measurement of all octanes is done of how difficult it is for gasoline to explode. Therefore, check carefully the guideline of the manufacturer on premium.

4. Changing Oil Every 3000 Miles

The car oil, at the present time, is better than those in the old times. The habit of changing oil every 3000 miles can cost a lot of money. Nowadays, the oil can last 5000 to 7000 miles, and even with synthetic oils, they can last for 15000 miles.

5. Inspecting the Car Irregularly

Since you use your car every day, don’t take it for granted that tires may not be flat, there is enough windshield wiper fluid and coolant, or the oil is correct. You should follow these three steps, instead:

  • Turn on and off the lights or flashes

  • Check 4 tires

  • Check headlights, blinkers, and taillights

Doing so can help you save time, money, and even prevent any accidents caused by engine malfunctioning.

6. Forgetting the Spare Tire

Most people often neglect the spare tire until needed. Therefore, when you need it after a long time to change the old one, it gets flat. It is essential to regularly check the spare tire and fill up the air if required.

7. Cleaning the Cars Improperly

Most car owners only use paper towels without any fluids on the paint, which is probably a common mistake. The car paint can be ruined with this bad cleaning habit. It is essential to use a microfiber cloth with a car paint friendly lubricant to clean the paint.


If you need more car care tips or need exotic car leasing services, Orange County auto consultants can help you find the one that best meets your budget and needs.


© 2018 Joe Limbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 18, 2018
Last Updated on January 18, 2018
Tags: automobile, cars, leasing, california, lake forest, orange county

Author

Joe Limbo
Joe Limbo

Lake Forest, CA



About
Joe Limbo works for many years with a mission to help and guide people for Personal Finance, Business, and Entrepreneurship.Joe's Passion for writing, reading and exploring latest business topics. more..