Vines

Vines

A Story by Wyrn Tiger

It erupts to consume me, tentacles of thorny vines that wrap slowly around my legs.

My body bleeds from a million cuts and with each drop of blood that falls to the earth more vines erupt.

I'm surrounded, choking on thorny, barb wire like vines. They wrap around my chest and with each breath I take, It gets harder to breath. Pain erupts as the vines crawl into my open wounds, until I'm completely consumed by my lies and the secrets I tell. Completely covered, it takes all my strength to raise my hands and surrender.

© 2018 Wyrn Tiger


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can totally picture the scene. The image is vivid and It takes a lot of courage to write it out. I like it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Great description of the entanglement we experience in our own feelings and memories. Sometimes we dont understand just how entangeled our life has become until with attempt to break free. There is a sense that the feelings are feeding themselves, that I, in fact, am not in charge. Eventhough the feelings of helplessness are only a mirage, they feel real at the time. As with a mirage, sometimes the way to break the spell is to get closer.

Great descriptions.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2018
Last Updated on March 12, 2018

Author

Wyrn Tiger
Wyrn Tiger

bangor, Ireland



About
I spend my time reading and wrighting and will review more..

Writing
Tin man Tin man

A Poem by Wyrn Tiger