Silent Nudity

Silent Nudity

A Poem by Jonathan Bryant Dean

The light is dim, as if it were possible to strain my vision as it grows harder,
to restrain my desires to a satisfaction with mere voyeurism.
My ears strain until I confuse sight with sound.
My ears hear the beauty as is displayed before me, the sleek curves smooth to blurry lines as I am blinded by the sound of your beauty.

What beauty is availed upon the sense of sight, when not a word is spoken.
In the silence the visual sensuality seems to increase, as the ears strain for any possible stimuli.

It is the erotic audiophyxia, as the brain screams for sound, gasping as it were to hear one last breath. The denial of sound, when used as a tantric device, infuses the moment with such pleasure that few lovers know.

I alone am the one that will ask for a picture of your sweet dulcet voice, and an audio recording of your silent nudity...

© 2008 Jonathan Bryant Dean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The ambiguity of the senses makes this very interesting. Like trying to determine whether a woman's body, mind or voice is more attractive and trying to take them all in at once. Very multilayer and beautiful in a very peculiar way. I'd like to see you continue this using more of the other senses as well. Very pleasurable read. No pun intended.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful! This makes my mind want to imagine a lot of things!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow...very beautiful!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This piece is expressed very well. Nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Personally I felt the situation was well dealt with, but the poem lacked intensity.
Expressions needed to be a bit more condensed to make the erotic feel more impactful.
But a good attempt. Overall a good poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a very erotic but intectual poem in my mind. I am quite impressed by the way you were able to make this events turn almost into a science if you don't mind. I do however don't like how you made the ending end with a request for the picture wouldnt be more of an urge/demand for the picture I think there should be a better word. Overall My favorite line was "What beauty is availed upon the sense of sight, when not a word is spoken." it's poetically vain but makes pleasent sound for the ears.


Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting. I've never thought about sight and sound like that. This poem makes sound a visual effect mentally. Really makes me want to close my eyes and just listen once and awhile just to "hear what I can see." Really liked this. Effective and different.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very sensual. The title itself drew me in.
You have a beautiful soul and I can't wait to read more.

Continue writing!

xoxo, t.

Posted 14 Years Ago


GOd, so scientific.. hehehe/ but honestly i love how the poem comes in a very vague yet vivid appearance.. it looks like you know what the poem like and suddenly it gets you to a more complex platform..--im pretty impress. not everyone could do things like thats..

Posted 14 Years Ago


very interesting poem. If i was to write of love and beauty i'd like to think i could write something of this strenghth but i doubt i could. Like the different levels you create by exploring differnt senses and i love the word "audiophyxia" to me it means choking on beauty and whether its a word or not it still sparks imagination. It gave me a lot to think about. Thanks.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2597 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008

Author

Jonathan Bryant Dean
Jonathan Bryant Dean

Middletown, OH



About
Jonboy may make you mad, but at least he has made you think. "If you get mad, that means that you have an opinion, if you have an opinion, at least you have some conscious thought."--JonBoy There on.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sex Sex

A Poem by Anne Martin