3: Secrets Revealed

3: Secrets Revealed

A Chapter by Jonny Hex

 

"Jojo, can I talk to you & Ruby out in the field?" Sara grabbed Jonathan's arm. Jonathan sent the group onward. They all three walked into the middle of the field. "You know how I got here, don't you?" He nodded. "And you know why I was brought back to here?" He nodded again.

            "I can't believe I would do something like that. The Dark Rapist was I. You know it's not the same in this time. Now I have Ruby." Jonathan said hugging Ruby.

            "Well, ya see...that's the problem. Ruby wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. Somehow, she was sent here from a more distant time than I was. She..." Sara started.

            "What? What is it? What aren't you telling me?" Jonathan exclaimed. Sara sighed.

            "Sara is my mother. She sent me back from my time to save you, to keep you from going to your death. You were shot by someone you trusted very much." Ruby blurted out. Jonathan crossed his arms and looked at the ground. After a moment, he looked back up.

            "Who was the father?" Jonathan whispered. They ignored him and started walking away. Jonathan grabbed Sara's arm and stopped her. "Sara." He said in a very calm voice. "Who was her father?"

            "I didn't want to tell you. He became Lucifer after his death. The father died by his brother's hands. It couldn't have been helped. Her father had started a war. He wanted to rid the world of all wars and destruction. His brother was a mercenary for the opposing side. They met in battle and he died. His brother felt so sorry."

            "Oh my god...No... Don't tell me that…there's no way…that I could have been." Jonathan was stuttering extremely badly. His eyes were wide with disbelief.

            "You had grown a lot. However, your ideals had still reigned in your mind. Not even Carter would support you. You were left to fight an army by yourself. Somehow, you found a way to create a clay army. They were emotionless killers. I came to your base camp to try to change your mind but ended up in bed with you. Then the war started. You died the exact second that she was born. I told your brother the truth and he said he was at least glad that you had someone to continue your bloodline. She is so much like you."

            "That's why I loved her so much but now what am I supposed to do? The one I love is my future daughter but then how did she become Lucifer's daughter?"

            "Well, that dream of yours of overthrowing Satan worked. After you were killed, you were sent to hell, killed Satan, and given the name Lucifer." Lucifer appeared.

            "Okay, time to go." They flew off away from Lucifer. Lucifer appeared in front of them and they stopped.

            "You two go on ahead. I wish to speak with my former self." Lucifer said and let them pass. Jonathan kept a stern look on his face. "Well, Jonathan. Now you know the truth."

            "Yes...but why would you try to kill me if you knew?" Jonathan looked confused a little.

            "When Mary fought the first Lucifer, she and King Jojo Jones killed him. I went to the past when she killed him. When I arrived in his place, I was locked away and my memory was erased. For thousands of years, I waited for Diablo to come and release me. But the day you started dating Ruby, Diablo finally found me, and I was released. All my memory was gone until a few hours ago. I decided to continue playing along since then."

            "But you look nothing like me." Jonathan said even more confused. Lucifer waved his hand in front of his face and his facial appearance changed. He looked like Sheik except he had another scar across his nose.

            "I was forced to change my appearance so I would look like the first Lucifer. I knew no one would recognize me to be a human if I did that. I plan to put our ideals into play during this period too. Now that you know more, I think you should be going. Jubei will wake soon and you don't want any trouble right now. Just know, this will be the last time I'll let you escape with your life. Next time we meet my fighters shall have far greater power. Will yours? Think about this. Now go!" Jonathan flew off. He caught up to Sara & Ruby.

            “Where did you send them?” Sara said.

            “Somewhere around the school track.” He yelled in response. They flew on and landed on the track where it all began. “Hey, guys. Where are y’all?”

            “In here, Joncefer!” He turned to see that they were hidden in the concessions trailer across the track. They went in. “So what’s going on?”

            “It turns out my future self is Lucifer and he’s come back to put his ideals into play in this time. We have to stop him!” He hit the wall.

            “So what now?” Emily said. “It seems we know a lot but have no plan.”

            “Well, we should go onward with what I thought.” Everyone looked at Sheik. “We have to find the Tower of Babel. There has to be something there that can help us. Does anyone know where the Tower is?” They all shook their heads. “Fine, you guys stay here. Jojo and I will go look.” 

            “But you two really can’t do anything if you meet Lucifer or his minions. And what if Jubei shows up? You are nowhere near as powerful as him.” Sara said.

            “We will find a way. This time I mean don’t follow. No matter what. I will come and get you when we find it. Bye.” Sheik and Jonathan teleported away. They reappeared on top of a half broken tower. Jonathan walked around the top of the tower. He kicked a rock off the side. He looked at Sheik and pointed down. They jumped off the side and freely fell through the sky. The clouds seemed to part at their great power. When they reached the bottom of the clouds, they stopped and floated there. They looked across the horizon. An enormous figure was flying their way. A gargantuan roar filled their ears. It drew nearer.

            “A dragon?! I thought they were extinct or at least had left the Earth. “Sheik yelled as a breeze came blowing at them.

            “Supposedly they are. But with what has been happening recently, it doesn’t surprise me. By the looks of it, that is the…” Jonathan replied.

            “Coal Dragon?!?! Wait a minute. There are seven others following it. All eight dragons freed upon the world. They must be protecting this tower.” Sheik looked at Jonathan.

            “You know I just noticed something. There are seven towers surrounding this one. Are we at Lucathsius? This is strange.” Jonathan said.

            “Hey, Jojo. Do you have that dragon necklace with you?” Sheik said impatiently.

            “Yea. Do you think they are being drawn to it or was I drawn to Lucathsius?”

            “Most likely both. If we were brought here, it was for a good reason.” The dragons stopped above each tower. The Dual-headed Dragon of Divine Elements raised a tower from the ground and stopped above it. Jonathan’s necklace began to glow. Each of the dragons transformed into human-like figures. They sat upon their towers.

            “You two are parts of the ancient key of ImmortalTower, correct?” The Divine human said. They nodded. “The one who bears the necklace of the Imperial Dragon, Exodia, why do you come here?”

            “I am not sure. We were looking for the Tower of Babel, which we believe to be the ImmortalTower. Do you know its whereabouts?”

            “Why yes. It is behind you.” The Coal Dragon said. “The CentralLucathsiusTower is the Tower of Babel and the ImmortalTower. We are its guardians.”

            “But what about the Phoenix!?” Jonathan exclaimed. “It was the original guardian.”

            “You know much, young one. The Phoenix roams the Earth in three different forms” the red hawk, the red eye wolf, and the redheaded tiger shark. He decided to keep humans from getting the fruit or him. The tower’s top was destroyed in the struggle between the conspirators and the key himself. In the end, the key survived and helped the Phoenix. For that, his spirit lived and found his new body: The one conspiring to destroy the nuclear threat.”

            “But why me! I planned to destroy the Earth.” The dragons shook their heads.

            “No, you did not. You saved the Earth. World Peace happened after your death. The World leaders saw your point. You didn’t fail.”

            "I wasn't told about that." Jonathan put his hand to his chin. "Can you help us defeat Lucifer and his minions?"

            "Perhaps. Do you have a group to help you?" The Tornado Dragon said.

            "Yes and I have released six of their hidden powers. Two of them are not released."

"Perfect. Well, release the remaining ones and bring them here. When you return, go to the foot of Lucathsius. Each member must enter the tower that has his or her personal symbol on it. You will not enter a tower. You and the one beside you are special. He holds my power and you hold an even more powerful dragon. Where I am the king of the dragons, he would be the Christ of Dragons, Exodia." The Divine One said. "Now go." Jonathan and Sheik bowed and then teleported away. They reappeared outside the hiding place they left from. "Guys, you there?! Hello!" No answer of any kind. "Well this would explain it." They looked at the side of the shed to see that whole other half was blown away.

            "Well, Jojo, it seems that they were attacked while we were gone. But how did he know where we were?" Sheik said.

            "We're about to find out. Now into the sky." Jonathan leapt up and Sheik followed. Diablo came charging across. "You missed, dumbass." Diablo lunged into the air. "Oh s**t!" Jonathan pushed Sheik out of the way and flipped backwards. Diablo kept flying up. Something touched Jonathan and he jumped.

            "Whoa, sorry." It was Mike. "You like what I did with Diablo. I know you saw me, right?" Jonathan shook his head.

            "My eyes were too slow. So what happened and where is everyone?" Jonathan looked around.

            "Well after you left, Sara took Ruby back to her own time. Diablo and his demons saw them leave and decided they would attack us. Roman & Kentovious are finishing the demons. I've been playing with Diablo."

            "And where are the girls?" Jonathan looked worried. Mike frowned.

            "Emily and Hannah went off to train and Briana..." Mike looked up at Diablo. Jonathan teleported above Diablo who was extremely high up by now. Diablo flew up into Jonathan shoes and started falling back down. As Diablo fell back to Earth, Jonathan grabbed onto Diablo's back and freed Briana. Jonathan saluted and then kicked Diablo through the westward air. Jonathan landed to find everyone sitting and waiting for him. He set Briana down.

            "Good news. We found the Tower. Better news is we found a way to strengthen ourselves but first." Jonathan stood and put a hand on himself and the other on Sara's shoulder. A light surrounded Sheik, Sara, and Jonathan. When the light disappeared, they were all far more powerful and wore Ancient looking Samurai Armor. Briana awoke. "Now guys, let's go to the Tower of Babel. Hold on to me.” Everyone surrounded him; they teleported away. When they reappeared, they were at the foot of the seven outer towers. "Enter the door that has your symbol on it. But beware what's inside. They are difficult challenges to check your power." Their armors covered them and they each entered their towers. Jonathan and Sheik waited outside the center tower. The Divine one appeared beside them. 

            "We will watch their quests from here. You two will enter the center tower after they all finish. But you know they aren't..."

            "I hope Lucifer and his minions don't show up. We can't hold them all by ourselves. And I worry that these warriors aren't the ones I am destined to have in the end." Jonathan said glaring at the dragon through the corner of his eye.

            “He will come. Eventually, he will come. So will the third piece of the Key." The Divine one said. "Let's begin with the Briana girl." 

           

Briana followed the steps spiraling around from the tower's bottom. The steps seemed to go on forever, as if this was the stairwell to Heaven from Earth. She followed as if she were forced to walk them. A stream of water trickled down the steps. She stopped at the tope of the steps. The room before her held a large, cylindrical water well, reaching from the room above to the ground floor. "So this is the challenge. Let me guess; on the next floor is the top of this thing and in this is some kind of large water beast. I'm probably supposed to keep it from escaping."

            "Almost correct, dearie." A young teenage girl came from behind Briana, pushing her into the room. "Actually the beast is asleep at the bottom. You are supposed to keep the little creatures from awakening it. Do anything but try not to hit the glass." The girl disappeared.

            "Wait, who the hell are you?" Briana nodded and walked around the center. As she walked, she noticed some weird statue creatures fused into the wall. She grabbed one by the neck and it came to life, squealing like a pig. All the other statues came to life as well. "Great, now all the other damned devils are awake. Five of them other than this one. Better get to work!” She crushed the legs of the one she held and stole its hammer. She ran around to the next one and bashed it on the head. It crumbled to pieces and she continued by bashing the other four. She dropped the hammer.

            Jonathan's voice echoed through her head. "Briana, destroy where they came from or else they will reproduce!" She grabbed the hammer and swung it behind her destroying the hole where one once stood as another was coming out of it. She tried to get to the others but it was too late. One statue had come back and hammered the glass. The shockwave from the cracking glass shattered the new statues and their homes. Briana ran to the stairs and stopped to look back and see it: this humongous squid like creature. It bashed on the glass increasing the break size. She ran up the stairs as the glass shattered, flooding the room. The creature disappeared back down into the well.

            Briana continued to follow the stairs to its top. The tank was built into the floor. She walked up to the edge. The tank lost a lot of water. There was no sign of the beast anywhere. “Where the bloody hell did he go?!” She backed away suddenly as four tentacles fixed themselves on the ceiling. She ran for the door but tentacles blocked it. She grabbed the hammer from her back and started swinging, knocking away tentacles from the ceiling. She knocked it off and it fell down into the water. She made a mad dash for the stairwell leading up but a tentacle wrapped itself around her leg and yanked her to the floor. Five tentacles attached themselves to the ceiling this time as the body of the creature emerged from the tank onto the floor. Briana reached for the hammer but it was just out of her reach lying on the floor. The creature dragged her toward its mouth.

            “Briana, use your powers. You can still reach the hammer if you try.” Jonathan’s voice echoed through her head. She turned back towards the hammer. Her armor was breaking away as she was dragged. She reached for the hammer once again but she was nowhere near being able to grab it. She turned toward this beast, charging up one of her energy blasts. Right before she touched the monster’s teeth, she shot into its coned mouth. The creature screamed in pain and let go of Briana. She made a mad dash for the hammer. She grabbed it as the creature grabbed her by the waist. She turned and looked at the scarred creature. Part of its left side was burned away harshly. Briana swung the hammer into the creature’s mouth. The creature released her again and fell all the way down to the bottom of the tank, gushing out gallons of blood. Briana picked herself up and walked towards the door, dragging the hammer behind her. She was cleaning off the creature's slimy blood as she climbed the stairs. Water trickled down the stairs more speedily now. She ran up the stairs until she reached the top. She came to a room where an altar stood in the middle. On the altar was a Blue statue of a dragon. It had one arm out with a darker blue spiked bracelet. The girl earlier appeared floating in the air above the statue.

            "Howdy do. My name's Maeka. I used to own this stunning bracelet. It's the bracelet of the mighty Atlantis Dragon, Norsgara. His home is in the Sunken Palace of Ragnarok. Now that you are here, he can be released once again. Cuz ya see, after I was killed, he got sealed up in the palace but if you put on that bracelet, he gets to come out and all that stuff." The girl talked continuously.

            "Do you ever shut up? You talk a lot." Briana said a little aggravated.

            "Fine, come take this bracelet and go to the top of the tower. You should put it on and use its power to put up a barrier around the towers so that your two other friends can go through their tower." The girl disappeared and Briana slid the bracelet off the statues arm and put it on her own wrist. She flew to the roof and held her arm into the air. A wall of water surrounded Briana and her tower.

"She did well. These walls should protect Lucathsius long enough for you to finish. Then the towers will fall and Babel will appear."

            "So what is this power? Why are we turning into The Rose Dragoons of the past?" Jonathan said.

            "It isn't the same. We upgraded the armor to make it a little more modern but still have it ancient. We turned them into samurai armors with more reinforced armor. And the weapons are stronger." The Divine one said.

     "Well, Divinus, we should continue. Who's next?" Jonathan put his arms behind his back and looked at the Divine one.

            "Let's watch the one called Roman. Beosan is waiting for him. He awaits one worthy of the power he holds."

            "Let's do it then." Jonathan said.

 

            Roman flew up the stairs like a cheetah after prey. He stopped at the entrance to the first room he came to. The floor of the room was covered in sand. On the other side of the room were three sets of stairs going up. "What is this? I can just walk up each set of stairs until I find the right way." Roman took one step into the room and sunk down to his knees. "Quicksand!" The sand started whirling around the center. "So what am I standing on?" He walked along the wall and rose to about his ankles. "I'm almost to the first set of stairs. I'll just fly to them." He tried but could not seem to fly across. A large figure appeared out of the center of the sand.

            "You cannot use your silly magic in here. My tower is built to take away any chance you have of cheating. You will have to use your natural abilities." The large figure disappeared. Roman sat down, thinking for a few minutes. After awhile, he jumped across the gap and fell into the sand. The sand stopped swirling all of a sudden and Roman's hand appeared at the base of the first set of stairs.

            "I'm not gonna lose to this sand." He pulled himself onto the stairs and shook off the clumps of sand. He looked back to the sand. "What was that thing?" He turned back and ran up the stairs. A dark figure floated up from the sand and flew up the third set of stairs. Roman came to another room with two stairs coming from behind him but none leading up. "Where am I?" He walked to the other side of the room. The dark figure appeared from the other set of stairs. It took the shape of a large human like scorpion. "Who the heck are you?"

            "I am Striking Scorpion, one of the many strong beasts of this world. You disturbed my peace in the pit. Now I am here to repay you for it." The creature lunged at Roman with his tail ready to strike. Roman grabbed the tail and pointed it in the scorpion's gut with his other fist. He brought his fist down on the tail and broke it.

            "Well, Striking Scorpion. Now you can call yourself Limp Scorpion." The beast tried to cut Roman but missed, leaving Roman open to break its back. He left through the other stairwell, leaving Scorpion broken. He came back down to the first room and noticed he was on the third set of stairs. He leaped to the second set of stairs and ran to its top where he found a room filled with voodoo dolls. A giant and a dragon appeared before Roman.

            "Welcome Roman. I am Beosan and this is Gaia Gimpalae, the Quake Dragon. He lives within the Rock of Quake in the vast Sahara. You are the one we have been waiting to see for centuries. You are a mighty warrior and strategist like I was. I know I am supposed to just give this Dragon Clawlet to whomever reaches this place but I want to check to see how mighty you really are." The giant ran at Roman and knocked him against the wall. Roman came back, locked hands with him, and started pushing as hard as he could. The giant pushed back but neither of them would budge one way or another. They both raised their powers until the whole tower shook. Roman knocked Beosan to his knees and then rammed him into the wall. Roman backed off and then Beosan stood.

            "How was that? Is that enough to meet your approval?" Roman laughed.

            "You are mightier than I thought. Here, take this." Beosan handed Roman a large double-sided axe. "Take good care of this axe. It belonged to my king when I was a young knight. He gave it to me after a long war. I have used it ever since and I think you could use it well. Goodbye, Roman." Beosan and the dragon disappeared. Roman grabbed the bracelet and flew to the roof. He held up the arm he put the bracelet on and a wall of Sand surrounded him and the tower.

            "Roman was also successful. It's amazing that he is stronger than the mighty Beosan. You chose well." Divinus said.

            "Yes. He is like a bodyguard to me. He was perfect from the beginning but he has developed a flaw that you and I both see."

            "I do. But he should overcome that by the time this is over. Let' see how this Kentovious handles his challenges."

            "Yes, let us do that. So he gets the Thunder one?" Divinus nodded. "This shan't be easy."                     

 

Kentovious walked up the stairs taking his time, each step getting higher than the next. As he climbed higher, his fingers started to tingle. “This is a strange reaction to altitude.” He soon reached a room with a disco ball on the roof and 2 inches of water covering the floor. “A disco ball and a wet floor. And stones in the walls that I can’t reach. I wonder if this is some kind of electrical death trap.” He picked up a small stone from the stairs and threw it into the water. As soon as it touched the water, rays of lightning struck the water. “That could be a problem.” He tried to charge a beam but failed. “Damnit. All my powers gone!” He picked up another rock. He threw it around the outside of the water. Lightning struck it too. He picked up a group of rocks and threw them in. Lightning struck one but not the others. “So it attacks the one with the most power.” He decreased his power to almost nothing. He threw a group of rocks and ran before they touched the water. He got to the edge on the other side when he was struck. He fell backwards and sunk into the water. He lied in the water for a minute and then jumped up and ran up the stairs before he was struck again. He walked up the stairs slowly wavering back and forth. “That did some damage to me. I gotta…” He stopped and fainted on the last stair.

<          “Where am I? What is this place?” Kentovious said standing up. All around him were buildings in ruins. As far as he could see was rubble. There were no visible roads or signs of humankind.

            “This is the human cities after ‘they’ win.” Kentovious spun around and gasped. There stood Sara and two children.

            “You’re that Sara girl. After who wins?” He turned back to the view before him.

            “After Lucifer corrupts the King of Power, after the ultimate fusion, after Pejulance takes over.”

            “Pejulance? Who is that? Is he the other darkness I felt in Joncefer?”

“Yes and no, Pejulance is the darkest form of power within anyone and everyone. He, the god of destruction, fuses with Lucifer and together they do this to Earth.” Sara pointed towards the destroyed world. “No one could stand up to him, not even Jonathan. Jonathan knew this but…” Sara started to cry. “He went anyways. He fought to protect us. Once he fell, they hunted the rest of us. One by one, Pejulance slaughtered our friends until it was only Roman and me. Roman protected me to the end. But as the monster came for me, two spirits, more powerful than anything I’ve ever felt, appeared before me. They both took form: one was God, and the other scared me. It was Jonathan. He told me it was over and that he was sorry for it all. The monster came for him, but he turned & blew it away so swiftly. He was about to leave but I stopped him. God told him he could have one day left on Earth & he spent it with me. Now I know you are thinking that we spent it making these two but no. These were given to me through his essence as he left. But we spent the time talking & cuddling.”

“What does this have to do with me? I don’t quite understand it.”

“You didn’t die by Pejulance. You died sometime before in your tower. So wake up and continue!”            She pushed him backwards.                                                          >

Kentovious jumped up. “Whoa, that was interesting! I guess I better finish already.” He took the last step into the room. The room had a column in the center but no door. “Well, Jonathan, what am I supposed to do here?”

“Seriously, Kentovious, I don’t know what you are supposed to do. The dragons won’t tell me anything. You are on your own now. Bye bud.” 

“Well that sucks. Now what?!” Kentovious looked around the room for clues. On the opposite side of the column was a hand mark with a sign above it that said, “Beware the high!” He stuck his hand in the mark. All of a sudden, the column broke open and fell. When the smoke cleared, there was a statue of an old man fighting a strange creature with claws. He looked at the statue for a few minutes and then sat down. “Well this statue has to have some purpose.” He stood and took the same position as the old man. “Alright maybe his right arm is pointing to the exit.” He looked and went to the position of the pointing. He pressed on the blocks and waited. A few minutes later, the blocks fell to show the passageway. A shadow flew across the floor to the statue of the monster. The statue cracked slowly. Another shadow appeared and entered the same statue and it broke open, exposing a hideous creature with his claws as big as Kentovious’s head. The creature destroyed the other statue and approached Kentovious with its claws snapping together making a cracking sound. Kentovious backed up to the wall. “Alright, it’s time to use it.” He spread his feet apart, putting his hands to his left side behind him. He moved his left hand to his head. He charged a powerful beam in his right hand and prepared to fire it at the creature, which was still approaching. “Well, it’s time to test the Kazu-Roha. Goodbye you damned Cytracean beast.” He fired it and made contact with the creature. He fired another at its back. The blast came through the smoke and almost hit Kentovious. “Damned, it’s gone.” When the smoke cleared, only rubble remained where the creature stood. Kentovious walked around the room looking for signs of a door. He finally looked straight above him to see the hole where the beast escaped. He flew upward through the hole.

“Kentovious, what are you doing?! This isn’t the way you get through the tower.” Kentovious stopped, hovering midair between the tower floors.

“Well what would you have me do, Jonathan? My opponent fled through this way. So I’m gonna finish it my way.” He stopped talking and flew upwards. He flew through a hole into a final room, which held an altar and a bracelet. Kentovious approached it and started to grab it when the creature appeared. It was missing one of its arms. “Alright now we finish this!” He ran up to the creature, landing a few powerful, deadly punches. The creature fell to its knees and melted down into dust. Kentovious turned back to the bracelet and grabbed it. The elderly man that the statue was framed after appeared with a dragon beside him. “Good day, Jerik.”

“Good job, young man. I’m surprised to see that you know who I am. But this is the Dragon Clawlet of Thor. This dragon is Jiggebaye. He is trapped with the Mountain of Thor in Norway. Now he can be free again. Feel free to visit his home. It is a wonderful place. Well goodbye now sir.” The man disappeared.  Kentovious flew to the roof and held up his bracelet. A wall of thunder surrounded him and the tower.

“Kentovious did well, better than Jerik would have thought. Now who do we get to watch?” Jonathan said.

“Now to watch Emily. She gets to meet Miranda in that tower.” The Divine one pointed to a tower.

“Before we watch her, tell me, how many rooms are in the central tower?” Jonathan said looking up at the tower.

“I believe Exodia put 35 rooms in it: 15 belonged to me and the others were his. That tower has room on top of room. The stairs aren’t very long. You two will start at the bottom. Sheik will do my 15 rooms and then you will start.”

“Alright well then let’s watch Emily.” Jonathan said.

 

Emily followed the steps in her tower up into an empty room. The room was lit by light from the door she came from and light seeping through a crack in the ceiling. She walked around the room. ‘Where’s the door going up?” The door behind her shut, leaving the room pitch black except the sliver of light coming from the crack. In the darkness appeared the Holy Dragon, glowing.

“Fight the minions of dark; then you may proceed. A way will shine through to you.” It disappeared.

“There is nothing here.” Something scratched the wall. Emily jumped backwards out of the light. Something hit her in the back of the leg. She fell to her knees and swung blindly through the darkness. She was knocked to the ground. “The light. What is that floating in it?” She looked hard. There was a bow floating waist high in the light. She stood and dashed for the light. She grabbed the bow and stood in the light. “Where are the arrows?”

“Sense your purpose within the tower of light. Use your power.” A strange voice said to her.

“I--I Understand. Thank you.” She raised her hand into the air and the light collected into a ball in her palm. She changed the ball into an arrow and placed it on the bow. She shot towards the wall. The arrow lit up the wall and the creatures scurried away to the darkness. She shot more arrows until she lit the whole room. The creatures had nowhere else to run. She created more arrows and shot them into each of the seven creatures. A stone slab opened, allowing Emily to proceed to the next floor. Each step seemed farther up than the first. She finally came to a room with windows and an altar. Above the altar, there was a ball of black light with a key in the center. Emily approached the altar slowly. “This is a strange light. What is it?”

“This is perpetual darkness.” A woman walked to the altar from behind Emily. “It is the most powerful dark light known to man. If you can figure out how to neutralize it, then you can get the key and proceed.” The woman smiled and disappeared. Emily created another arrow of light and shot it into the dark light. The contact blew her against the wall and the ball grew.

“What’s going on? I shot a powerful arrow at it and it didn’t die.” Emile looked confused.

“Hey, Emily…it’s Jonathan. Look, perpetual darkness feeds off the light if fed directly to it. The only way to neutralize it is to remove all the light from yourself.” She approached the darkness and placed her hands on the darkness. Streams of electricity knocked her back. She screamed in pain as she flew against the wall.

“It’s hopeless. Now one can get through that.” She ran at it again to hit it but her hands went through and knocked the key out. She pulled her hands out and grabbed the key. She walked to the door and opened it. On the other side of the door, there was another room with an altar except this one had a bracelet hovering over it. “What test is this?” Emily yelled. The woman appeared beside the altar with the dragon at her side. 

“No more tests. You have passed. My name is Miranda and this dragon is the Holy Dragon. He lives within the Temple of Hexusgonus in Central America. You have earned this Dragon Clawlet. Take it and protect this tower until everyone finishes.” The woman and dragon disappeared. Emily grabbed the bracelet and flew to the roof. She held it up and a wall of light surrounded her and the tower.

“She did well for her grouping. Her light overcame the challenges.” The Divine one stated.

“Yes. I just hope these walls of yours will hold up long enough for us to finish.” Jonathan said.

“It will if Sheik finishes my tower. Once he’s done, the Divine power will hold up to the Big Bang. Now let’s watch Emily’s sister.” 

 

Hannah walked up the stairs thinking to herself. “What’s wrong with me? I have some mixed feelings about him. Should I follow him, loving him the whole time or should I betray him because of his weakness, following the destined traitor? Why can’t I tell him how I feel?” She came upon the first room of the tower. It was full of vines covered with little plants. A tree with tiny silver blossoms grew in the center of the room. She examined it closely, looking for clues about its presence in the room. “What am I supposed to do in here?” She looked at how the tree grew up through the ceiling, allowing vines to hang from its branches. She noticed a man laying on one of the branches. He was dressed like an ancient British king. He had chin length blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail.

“Break through the trees bark. This tree holds a powerful weapon that may save you soon.” He said pulling one of the blossoms out of the tree.

“Who are you?” She looked at him confused. He sat up, smiling. His face scrunched up as he smiled his biggest cheerful smile.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Where are my manners?” He slid down from the branch and walked to Hannah. “My name is Alfred. And you are?” He bowed and then looked at her.

“I’m Hannah Sheridan. So what are you doing in here? I thought only prospective fighters could be here. You look too gentle to be a fighter.” He chuckled and turned around quickly. He waved with his back to her and soared into the treetop. “Well, that was weird. He was kinda cute though.” She giggled and then looked at the tree trunk. “So how do I cut into the tree if the weapon is on the inside?”

“Hannah, you’re a smart girl. Tell me what you see around you?” Jonathan’s voice echoed in her head.

“Well, I see vines, vines, and oh wait…more freaking vines. I don’t know how you expect me to…”

“Solid.” Hannah looked confused. “Is there a solid stiff vine?”

“Yea, but it’s on the wall. You want me to kick it down?” She asked jokingly.

“Actually, yes I do, and then I want you to hit it against the tree. Don’t ask me how it will work but it will.” His voice disappeared.

“Whatever you say, Jojo.” She went to the vine on the wall and knocked it down. She grabbed it and swung it at the tree. “Here goes nothing. I just hope you were right.” As the vine made contact with the tree, the whole trunk shattered like it was glass. In the center of the tree, there was a wooden spear with a metal spearhead. She grabbed it, running to the wall to find the door. She stabbed at the wall until she found the stairwell. She cleared away the vines and continued upward. She ran up the stairs, her wavy red hair flying behind her. The next room she came upon was covered in vines coming from a giant plant in the center. “So this must be the top of the tree.” A coconut came flying at her as she looked up. She dodged it, now noticing a large group of monkeys hanging from vines on the ceiling. “Monkeys? Is this the challenge?” Suddenly the monkeys all simultaneously opened their mouths, blowing Hannah against the wall. Alfred appeared from the stairwell.

“Beware the plant. It’s the challenge, not the monkeys. The monkeys were prey to this Exovenus Creature Killer. It’s quite a rare plant. I heard the past dragoon planted it here as a major test for any future dragoons.” A vine slithered across the floor unnoticed. “Beware the vines though. The vines are alive and intelligent.” At that moment, the vine wrapped around her leg, dragging her towards the center. She grabbed the spear and jabbed it through the vine into a crack in the floor. The vine released her, allowing her to get to the wall. More vines flew at her. They stopped as the ends changed into mouths of fangs. She attempted to climb the vines but was knocked down when a vine cut her leg. Another vine came flying at her. Right before it hit her, a giant form grabbed her and she found herself on the ceiling. She was in the arms of a large monkey.

“You know it’s not easy using mind control. You’re lucky I got control when I did.”

“What? Jojo, you have mind-control?” Hannah grabbed the vines and held on.

“I’d rather call it a Jedi mind power. But I want to tell you that ya have to strike the plant at a high velocity through the center to cause any damage. The center of the roof is the perfect place. Go to the center, drop off, and put the spear below you. Well drop off before I lose control of this body and you get killed.” She crawled to the center and looked at the giant monkey. “Good luck and goodbye for now.” Jonathan faded away and the monkeys crawled after her. She let go and flew downward. She put the spear below her as she came into range of the swinging vines. She picked up speed as the plant opened its mouth revealing it enormous fangs. She continued falling until her spear lunged through the plant’s center. All the vines fell to the ground. Its mouth lay open on the ground. She pulled the spear from its mount and walked to the door. She climbed the stairs to a last room with a Clawlet on a podium. Alfred and a dragon appeared before her.

“Well hello, Hannah Sheridan. It’s nice to see you passed the trials. If you haven’t figured it out, I am the dragoon of the Tornado Dragon. This dragon here is the Tornado Dragon, Cyclone. He lives in the FlyingKingdom of the Apocalypse. But now you have freed him.”

“This is amazing. I didn’t think that you could have been the dragoon of this tower. You look too gentle.”

“I am gentle but I know what I have to do when it arises. My duties as a person held nothing on my duties as a defender of my kingdom. Now I pass on my power to defend to you, Hannah. I hope you use it wisely.” Alfred disappeared. Hannah grabbed the Clawlet and flew to the roof. She held it up and a wall of leaves surrounded her part of the towers.

“So, Jonathan, do you think you did enough?” The Divine Dragon looked impatient.

“She did well. I just helped her out, that’s all. Anyways, I think she has some things to take care of before her end.”

“Fine then let’s watch your girlfriend from the future.” The Divine Dragon was calm.

“Let us watch even thought she’s not my girlfriend.”

 

Sara walked up the stairs slowly with a smile on her face. “I never thought I would become part of his adventure. This is so incredible.” She stopped. “Now I have to get him to love me once more. He’ll feel it sooner or later. I’m sure of it.” She continued up the stairs. She came to a room with a sword stuck in a rock of two powers: darkness and light. She approached the sword and attempted to pull the sword from its rocky sheath. It budged none. “Alright, Jojo. Help me out here. I know you can help me and I know there is a secret to this rock. HELLO!”

“Yes, Raspberry. I’m here now.” Jonathan’s voice echoed. It had a mysterious tone to it.

“So you do know something about me, or did you come through time to see me?” 

“Your second guess is correct. Since you’ve come to the past, the future has changed and I live for another year. Lucifer has taken over the Earth but I lead the Rebels against him. Right now, my three generals are holding back any trouble. But anyways, you must figure this out yourself. Decide which element is yours, suck up its power from that side and use it on the other side. That is all. Goodbye and good luck.” The voice disappeared.

“Well this may be more difficult than I thought. Let me think about this. One side is light; the other is dark. One element is mine and will help; the other could kill me if I sucked it up. Hmm…Jojo refers to me as the fallen angel so I’ll go with darkness.” She put her hands on the darkness and it disappeared. She looked at her hands and then placed them on the light. The darkness flooded from her hands destroying the light. She grabbed the sword as it fell from its powerful sheath. The power emitting from the sword seemed to overpower her as she struggled to keep her hands on it. She stepped back a few steps and then stopped. She started swinging the sword around like it was a three-pound pole cutting through the air. She stared at the sword. “Just a few seconds ago this sword was heavy and repelling me. Now it seems to have suppressed its own power to aid me.” She sheathed it on her belt and walked onward up the stairs. She walked slowly and calmly up the seemingly endless stairwell. She soon came to the top where the room in front of her had a podium with two orbs on it: a purple on and a red one. Sara approached the podium and examined the orbs. The two orbs began to glow. Sara backed away as two figures appeared before her: one was an elderly man, the other a young woman. The man was pale wearing a blood red armor made of dragon scales. The woman wore armor similar to the man’s except it was purple and black. The woman had the exact same as the one Sara held. “Zega, it seems I finally have a challenger. But the question is, will she be a challenge?” The woman drew her sword.

“Rose, you must accept the challenge before you attack her and don’t hurt her too badly. We don’t need her blood on our hands.” The elderly man said.

“Zega, you’re too honorable, but as you wish. Well, I accept your challenge, Sara, lover of Jojo Exulticous. I bid you the best of luck.” With those words, the woman swung at Sara. Sara stood still and the woman passed her. “You did not defend yourself or run in fear? I didn’t even see you…” The woman fell to her knees. “You are worthy of the Midnight Dragon, Lilith. She dwells in the Forest of Mitternacht Now defend your love, as I had done before you.” The man and woman disappeared. Sara looked at the podium to see the Dragon Clawlet setting there. She grabbed it and flew to the roof. She held up the Clawlet and a wall of darkness surrounded her.

“One more tower before you two begin your tower. So how was it to see to your future self? Shocking?” The Divine Dragon said.

“I don’t wish to talk about it. Let’s just watch Mike in his tower. Though he did seem kind of short.” The Divine Dragon smirked.


Please No Javascript="msoCommentHide('_com_5')" Please No Javascript="msoCommentShow('_anchor_5','_com_5')" language="JavaScript" class="msocomtxt" id="_com_5">


© 2008 Jonny Hex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have had a lot of veiws but no reveiws, i think it is because of the shear longness of this peice. people on the interet dont usually read a lot in one sitting, or at least in one peice. but i thought it was a great peice and i need to read the other chapters before I can really give a good reveiw but this is a good chapter. the detail is great and the dialouge is good! have a great day!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008