The Legendary Graduate Success

The Legendary Graduate Success

A Story by Joseph D. Smith
"

How I became a successful author and a legendary graduate!

"
People have always told me that poetry is something to be enjoyed, rather than to be profited from, but they don't know the way I function! I have always wanted to publish my own book of poetry, just for the sake of becoming a famous author. Over the years I became much of an analytical thinker, not to mention a Free-thinker, so I started to write poetry with meaning, poetry that would change people's minds, and even expand their awareness.

It was difficult finding a publisher, as I had no idea of how to publish a book, and I had no idea on how to license my work. I wasn't ever good with promotion, and I never had good connections. It seemed pretty much hopeless.

Years later, I discovered self-publishing, such as Lulu.COM, where I currently have my book of poetry published, titled
The Legendary Graduate. The Legendary Graduate is based on my own legendary graduation, held at the Barren County Courthouse, in Glasgow, KY, by the judge, Hon. Philip Patton, with a golden victory medal presented to me by the sheriff, Chris Eaton.

It wasn't until I was eighteen years old that I discovered that I was diagnosed at an early age with Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism, which explained what was 'wrong' with me. I went many years wondering what was wrong with me, as I knew that something wasn't quite right. This was largely the basis for my legendary graduation, as the schools always told me that I wouldn't make it all the way through. This was how I came up with the idea for The Legendary Graduate.

I am very proud of the result of my poetry book, The Legendary Graduate, as everyone who has ever read it has had positive reviews and criticism! I have sold enough copies to say I am a published poet, and I hope to sell many more copies. I hope to change the world with my Free-thinking ideas! This book is proof that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

ISBN:
978-1-105-23776-8

© 2011 Joseph D. Smith


Author's Note

Joseph D. Smith
Just a little piece I have written awhile back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Congrats on being published, and thanks for sharing this story. I have only recently learnt about Asperger's Syndrome and it's seems like a disorder that is hard to cope with. In which case my hats off to you.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks Sugar and Katie!

@Sugar: It's a high-functioning form, so you won't be able to immediately tell.

@Katie: Thanks! Yeah, I try to set a good example for other people.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Congradulations on your succcess i hope you have many more successess hahah and autism? from your writing it doesnt seem like you have it

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kudos to you for your success and using your diagnosis as power!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 16, 2011
Tags: true success story, published poetry book, autistic author, distinguished autistic writer
Previous Versions

Author

Joseph D. Smith
Joseph D. Smith

Juleokin, KY



About
I am Joseph D. Smith, I am commonly known as Julius the Jules, which is my stage name as a professional, Experimental Pop musician. Fans of Julius the Jules are known as Juleokin. I earn my income fro.. more..

Writing