Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo, Yeardleigh and Moxie sat in a booth at a bar. Moxie says "That's all I know. Why are you so interested anyway?"
Yeardleigh says "I told you why."
"I know what you told me but I want to hear it from her."
Indigo says "I think this woman is pretending to be an old friend of mine and I want to find out why."
"Yeardleigh, it's your turn to get the drinks in."
Yeardleigh says "Same again?"
"Make mine a double." Yeardliegh goes to the bar. "You know she's nuts for you, right?"
Indigo says "No, she's not."
"I know my friend better than you. Don't f**k her around if you're not interested."
"She knows where she stands with me, and she knows why I need to find Summer."
"I hope you're right. Your friend's usually in a corner of the club, just sat watching, she doesn't dance. From what I know, she doesn't play a waiting game. Definitely didn't with me."
"How do you know this?"
"You know about my proposal?" Indigo nods. "I went looking for a way to convince her but I couldn't find one. I did find myself being warned away."
"By who? Summer?"
"No. A friend of hers. Angry looking pitbull."
"Do you remember her name?"
"His name was Silvain."
"Thank you."
Yeardleigh comes back from the bar and says "I got you one as well, boss. Incase you changes your mind."
Indigo stands up. "You have it. I have to get going, but thank you for the thought." Indigo slides out of the booth, puts her jacket on and passes Moxie a note. "Thank you for the information and your time. It was nice to meet you."
Moxie says "You keep giving me money, I'll meet you everyday. Wow I sounded like a hooker."
Indigo leaves. Yeardleigh sits down and says "What did you say to her?"
"Worried I said something I shouldn't?"
"Should I be?"
"Course not. Drink up."

Indigo in the back of a taxi with her phone to her ear and says "Reuben, do you know anyone called Silvain?... I don't know a last name but it's not exactly a common name... Thank you. Call me when you know anything. Doesn't matter what time. Bye."
Indigo hangs up. Taxi driver says "Trying to track down an ex-boyfriend?"
"Something like that."
"If you gotta find them, I hope they're worth your efforts."
"So do I."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on March 17, 2016
Last Updated on March 17, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman