Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo standing at the bar. Yeardleigh and Moxie come over to her. Yeardleigh says "Hey, boss. How did it go? Did you find her?"
Indigo says "Hey yourself. Do you want a drink?"
Moxie says "For a smart woman, you do ask stupid questions."
Indigo waves to the barman and holds three fingers up. The barman nods and brings three drinks over. Indigo passes Yeardleigh and Moxie a drink each. Yeardleigh says "That was fast."
"And free."
Indigo says "Impressed?"
Yeardleigh says "By you? Always." Moxie rolls her eyes. Yeardleigh blushes. "So, how did it go?"
"Are you two here alone?"
Moxie says "No. Our friends are around somewhere."
Yeardleigh says "Want to join us?"
Indigo says "No, thank you. I'm with my friends and my brother."
"No Summer?"
Moxie says "Yeardleigh, shut up"
"What?" The music changes. "This song is my favourite. Let's dance."
"You go. I'm drinking."
Yeardleigh looks at Indigo. Indigo says "Oh no. You go ahead."
Yeardleigh says "Ok." Yeardleigh passes her drink to Moxie. "Hold this and watch me move."
Moxie says "Fall on your face more like." Yeardleigh waves her arm at Moxie and staggers towards the dancefloor. "I'm drinking this."
Indigo says "She's hammered."
"She's been worse." Moxie drinks her drink. "Thank you for not showing her that video."
"No problem. She still doesn't remember, you know."
"And I'd like to keep it that way."
"Why?" Moxie looks at Indigo. "I'm sorry. It's none of my business."
"I guess I made it your business." Moxie looks at Yeardleigh dancing wildly by herself. "Idiot." Moxie turns to Indigo. "She doesn't need to know. It would cause too much hassle. I mean, she's never said it, or anything like that, before. Drunk or sober. Besides, she's my best friend."
"Too cliche?"
"Too gross. I'm not like that, but I don't want to hurt her. She's been different since she found out the bits I omitted about Summer. I hope I haven't given her any false hope."
"My advice would be to talk to her about it. It may have been a playful comment you've read too much into."
"And if it wasn't?"
"Then you'll have to go from there. But, as your lawyer, you can always come to me."
"Thanks. I can see why she likes you."
"I can see why she could like you."
"For the love of God, stop hitting on me, woman."
Yeardleigh comes running back to them and says "Did you see my moves?"
"The blind could see those moves."
"That good, huh?"
"No, monkey girl. That bad."
Yeardleigh stands behind Moxie, puts her chin on her shoulder and her arms around her waist. "Well maybe if you'd dance with me, I'd get better?"
"I doubt that." Moxie moves Yeardleigh's hands but keeps hold of them. "Come on, moron. You owe me a drink."
"I do?"
"Yes. So I can forget what I just saw. Bye, Indigo."
"Ok. Bye, boss."
Moxie leads Yeardleigh away. Indigo smiles and shakes her head. Summer says "Cute couple."
Indigo says "They're just friends." Indigo turns to look at Summer. "Summer? Hi."
"Sorry. I keep sneaking up om you, don't I?"
"Just a bit." Indigo drinks some of her drink. "Did you want a drink?"
"I'm ok. Thanks." Summer signals the barman. When he comes over, Summer passes him a piece of paper. He takes it and walks away. "You know, I didn't think you'd rememeber."
"Why wouldn't I? Forget you never says it all, doesn't it?"
"Fair point, but it has been a while."
"That's an understatement."
The barman comes back, hands Summer a receipt and says "Here you go, Rosie. You ready for the clean up crew?"
Summer takes the receipt and says "Twenty minutes."
The barman nods and goes to serve another customer. Indigo says "Rosie?"
"Long story."
"I've got time."
"I don't."
"Make time."
"I will."
Summer turns to walk away. Indigo grabs her hand. "Why do yo keep running away from me? This was your idea. Did seeing me change your mind?"
Summer faces Indigo and holds her hands. "No, Indi, of course not. I mean, have you been reading my texts?"
"Then why?"
"I'm working. This group doesn't want to deal with Silvain."
"I don't know why. He's so charming." Summer laughs. "S**t."
"What's wrong?"
"That smile. It's still amazing."
Indigo takes a step closer to Summer. "It'll never be a patch on yours." Indigo leans towards Summer. Summer steps backs and let's go of Indigo's hands. "I really have to go."
"Sums, please?"
"Let me finish up with this group. I'll find you, I promise. Just don't leave, ok?" Indigo nods. "Ok. You look gorgeous by the way."
Summer walks away. Indigo orders another drink. Priscilla walks over to Indigo, takes the drink ffrom the barman, signals for him to bring more and says "Thanks. I needed that."
Indigo says "So did I."
"Why?"
"Summer was just here."
"Where's she gone? Did you talk to her?"
"Yes and she's gone to finish her job. She said she'd be back."
"What is this woman? The terminator?" Indigo laughs. "So why the need for a drink?"
"I tried to kiss her and she ran." The barman brings a tray of various drinks over and leaves. Priscilla passes Indigo two shot glasses. "Two?"
"Double." Priscilla grabs two shots for herself, clinks them with Indigo and they both drink. "I doubt she ran because you tried to kiss her."
Indigo pulls her phone out of her pocket and looks at it. "No, she did it because she needed to be able to concentrate."
"See, that's reasonable. Hang on, is she psychic?"
"As well as a ninja and a terminator?"
Priscilla passes Indigo another shot, clinks and drinks. "Yes. I think she's a psychic ninja tereminator."
Indigo laughs. "She told me I looked gorgeous."
"He eyes work. That's good. What did you say to her?"
"Other than asking her why she keeps running away? Not much."
"Why?"
"I couldn't."
"Because?"
"She laughed."
"She laughed?"
"Yeah, and her smile. Yeah, just yeah."
Priscilla passes Indigo a drink. "F**k. You've got it bad."
"I know." Indigo drinks. "Who knew a psychic ninja terminator could do that to me?"


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Darn it! I want more. What happened? Do they ever get to sit down and chat? What a cliffhanger!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jemma Packman

7 Years Ago

You'll have to wait and see. :-P I'll be added more chapters as soon as I can between work and sleep.. read more
Candace Cloud

7 Years Ago

i guess you need to sleep so i will be patient. :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman