Chapter 43

Chapter 43

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

In the living room. Indigo, Summer and Gaz sat on one couch. Lexi, Henrietta and Wilson sat on the other, and Ric sat in the chair. Henrietta says “Rosie, how did you and Indigo meet?”

Summer says “This time or the first time?”

Indigo says “It makes no difference. Mam, you know how we met both times.”

Henrietta says “Well was it the first time you’d both seen each other?”

You know it was for me.” Indigo looks at Summer. “I never asked you, I just assumed since it was your first day. Was it?”

Summer says “In person, yes. But not exactly.”

How, exactly, then?”

Lexi says “You don’t want to tell that story.”

Gaz says “Are you? Is she?”

Indigo says “Something I should know?”

Summer says “I saw a photo of you in Lexi’s bedroom.”

When and why were you in Lexi’s room?”

Lexi says “Don’t freak out. It was a long time ago and nothing happened.”

Summer says “Except kissing.”

Wilson says “Maybe we should leave the girls alone.”

Henrietta says “Lexi, do I know this story?”

Lexi says “Yeah, you do.”

We’ll leave you to it. Boys, out.”

Ric says “No. We shouldn’t leave.” He points to Summer. “That should.”

Wilson says “Son, stop.”

Gaz says “I’ve heard it, I’m out. Ric, wanna grab a beer?”

Ric says “I’m not leaving.”

Indigo says “Ric, go. It’ll be fine.”

Ric lunges at Summer and grabs her collar. “If either of my sisters are hurt because of you, I’ll kill you.”

Summer freezes. “Ric, let her go!”

Gaz pulls Ric off Summer and says “The girls can handle this. Let’s get a beer.”

Gaz pulls Ric out of the room. Henrietta says “Indigo, something’s wrong with Summer.”

Indigo looks at Summer and says “She’s zoned out.”

Lexi says “Slap her. It’s the best way to bring her round.”

Isn’t that your thing?”

Don’t be like that.”

Summer mumbles “Indi?”

Indigo says “Right here.”

Henrietta and Wilson leave the room. Lexi says “You ok?” Summer nods. “What was that?”

Was it because Ric grabbed you?”

Summer nods and says “Sorry.”

Indigo kisses Summer’s forehead. “Don’t be.”

Lexi says “Well, I should be off.”

Lexi stands up. “Oh no you don’t. Sit down and tell me about you two and why I didn’t know about this.”

Lexi sits back down. Summer says “It was a party. Lexi took me to her room, I saw a photo of you and I was gone.”

Why were you at the same party?”

Lexi says “It was my roommate’s birthday party. Her little sister invited some friends, and before you ask, I thought she was older. We were playing spin the bottle, I wasn’t going in a closet so we went to my room.”

And the kissing?”

Summer says “I kissed her. Lexi pushed me away, asked me how old I was and freaked out.”

Lexi says “I did not freak out.”

You waved your arms around shouting ‘You’re younger than my sister!’”

Indigo says “You freaked out because of her age?”

Lexi says “I’m a lot older than her, so yeah, I did. You were what, fourteen? Fifteen?”

Summer says “Thirteen.”

Even better.”

Anyway, she showed me a photo of you and I wanted to know everything about you. I even wanted to know what school you were at so I could go there. And yes, I know how creepy that sounds which is why I didn’t tell you.”

Indigo says “You did all of that for me because you saw a photo?”

Yeah. Should I leave and never return?”

Ric says “That would be good.”

Lexi says “Ric!”

You heard it. It used you to stalk Indigo for over ten years.”

Indigo says “Ric, stop it. It was a very sweet thing for a kid to do, and I’m glad it happened.”

Summer says “Not freaked out at all?”

No. You kissed Lexi. No big deal.”

Ric says “No big deal?”

Yes. No big deal. At least not to me. Why are you making it one?”

Because it’s wrong.”

Lexi says “Let it go. If Indigo and I don’t have a problem with what happened, then everything’s good. It’s between us anyway. It had and still has nothing to do with you.”

You’re my sisters. Of course it has something to do with me.”

No, it doesn’t.”

Summer gets up, walks towards Ric and says “Look, I know how it all sounds, but I would never do anything to hurt Indi or Lexi. Not intentionally. They are both beautiful women with their own minds and you, and I, should respect the decisions they’ve made and will make.”

Ric says “I don’t trust you.”

Lucky for me, it’s not your approval I’m looking for.”

Watch your back. I meant what I said about you hurting my sister.”

Ric storms off. Lexi says “I think he likes you.” Summer laughs. “I’m going to says bye to the parents. Are we ok?”

Indigo says “Of course we are.”

Indigo and Lexi stand up and hug each other. “See you soon.” Lexi pulls out of the hug and turns to Summer. “Nice seeing you again. Rosie.”

Summer says “Always nice seeing you, Lexi.”

Lexi hits the back of Summer’s head. “Stay out of trouble.”

Do my best.”

Lexi smiles and leaves. Indigo says “I shouldn’t be worried about he flirting between you two, right?”

No. You are the only Wyatt for me.” Summer kisses Indigo. “I have to go. I’ve got to put Ethan to bed.”

You can put me to bed after.”

I would but I have school tomorrow.”

Never stopped you before.”

But now I have to be responsible.”

Can I make you an offer?”

Sure.”

you go home, do your mom duties, and if you want to come by my place after that, my door will be open until midnight.”

And failure to make it results in?”

You having to make it up to me until I’m satisfied.”

Gaz says “Sounds filthy. Good luck, Sum. Want a ride home, either of you?”

Gaz, you don’t have a car.”

Oh yeah. Will you give me a ride, sis? Please?”

Cost you.”

Drinks tomorrow on me?”

Drinks? You’re offering to buy drinks for the driver?”

Fine. I won’t tell you any details of my relationship with Priscilla.”

Deal. Ready to go?”

Summer says “Shotgun.”

Gaz says “S**t. Yeah, I’m ready. Let’s go.”

Indigo takes Summer’s hand and heads to the door. She turns to Gaz and says “Don’t pout, Gareth. You were never getting the front seat.”

Thinking of the possibility of getting some over the comfort of your own brother?”

Do you have a point?”

Summer says “He’s proud of you.”

Gaz says “That I am. Now, get me home, b***h. I need my beauty sleep.”

Indigo, Summer and Gaz leave.



© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman