Chapter 59

Chapter 59

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

At the restaurant, Summer and Indigo sat at a table. Summer says "Indigo? How much do you remember about me?"
Indigo says "Other than the restaurant I always promised to take you to when I could afford it and what you wanted to eat?"
"Yeah."
"Everything. Why?"
"Have I changed?"
"Not really. You're more sullen now, I guess, and sometimes you overthink things, just like you are now. Why?"
"I think I've changed. In bad ways and I'm going to push you away eventually."
Indigo reaches across the table and grabs Summer's hand. "Everyone changes, Sums. I'll bet I've changed. I'm trying to make you happy the best I can but you have to let me in. Why do you always think the worst?"
"Stops disappointment."
"For you maybe. Are we fighting a losing battle with us?"
"Indigo, I told you how I feel. I guess I freaked. I don't deserve anything good but here i am. With you."
"You deserve the best, Summer, and I would like to be the one that gives you that. I love you."
"You don't have to say it if you don't mean it."
"F***s sake, Summer." Indigo stands up, leans over the table and kisses Summer. "Did I mean that?"
"I think you did."
"Good, now keep that in mind while we're at Gaz's party and I'll show you more when we leave, seeing how you don't listen to me."
Indigo sits back down. "I listen. Sometimes I don't hear, that's all."
"What made you freak out?" SUmmer shrugs. "Was it Priscilla? What she said about us being offical?"
"That woman generally freaks me out. She did kind of kidnap me today. Well, more like abushed me to bring me to your office."
Indigo sighs. "What did she do?"
"She pulled up next to me just after a client left me and told me that I had to come with her to see you because it was important."
"She worried you into her car?" Summe nods. "How did she know where you were?"
"Beats me. Maybe you should hire her as a PI?"
Indigo laughs. "So, the whole offical thing?"
"Is that what you want?"
"I want you. I'm in no rush. That is your choice."
"You know, we never actually broke up. Does that count?"
"I thought about that and no. People are declared dead when they've been missing for five years. Same logic applies to relationship."
"Ok. Well, there's a few things you need to know about me."
"Like what? I know you're a single mother that lives with her mother but has an apartment in town, and I know you're popular with the ladies. I also understand  you have certain issues with intimcy."
"I'm not over my ex and I never will be."
"I see. When did you break up?"
"I had to leave her seven years ago but we only officially broke up a few minutes ago."
Indigo frowns, takes a sip of her drink, then snaps her head up to look at Summer. "You're last girlfriend was me?"
"Yes."
"You've not dated anyone since?"
"No."
"What about Iona?"
"No. I don't think I've had sex with any girl more than once since then. Until you. What about you?"
"Erm, I've had three since you. They all ended badly. I don't want to talk about them. I have been single for just over two years now."
Summer walks around to Indigo and takes her hand. "Then they are all idiots for letting you go. Including me." Indigo opens her mouth to say something but Summer holds her hand up to stop her. "PLease let me say this?" Indigo nods. "Indigo Wyatt, I have a lot to learn about being in a relationship but I want to learn for you. For us. I can't promise I won't screw up. What I'm trying to say is, Indigo, will you-"
Indigo's phone rings. "I'll ignore it."
The phone stops ringing but rings again immediately. "Answer it. It's ok."
Again the ringing stops and starts. "Sorry." Summer smiles. Indigo answers her phone. "Priscilla, this better be important... No we weren't... Shut up. Why did you call?... I don't know... You were meant to do that. I was only supposed to check... fine, but you owe me... yeah. Bye."
"Didn't set anything up, did she?"
"No. Gaz surprised her by taking her out."
"He likes her."
"He calls her babe
"Wow. The we better go make her look good."
"There's not enough time for that and you need to finish what you were saying."
"Have some faith. Now you can watch me work."
"What were you going to ask?"
"It can wait."
"So Gaz is more important?"
"No. It's just.."
"What?"
"It was stupid. Nevermind."
"If it was stupid, you can tell me."
"Forget it."
"No."
"I was going to say, Indigo, would you allow me time to become girlfriend material."
"That is stupid."
"I know. Let's go before I really embarrass myself."
Indigo grabs SUmmer's hand. "It's only stupid because you're already girlfriend material to me."
"Really?" Indigo nods. "Would you please be my girlfriend?"
"Are you sure about this?"
"I am. Rosie's a tad wary but she can back off."
"When you put it like that." Indigo kisses Summer. "Yes. I'll be your girlfriend."
"Alright. As my task as your girlfriend, I'd better help you sort the surprise party for your brother out."
"You're eager."
"The quicker we sort it out, the quicker we can spend some quality girlfriend time alone."
Indigo grabs her bag and pulls SUmmer towards the exit. "Let's go."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman