Chapter 61

Chapter 61

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo's house. There's pounding on the door. Indigo comes down the stairs wearing a bathrobe and says "Jesus Christ. I hear you." Indigo opens the door. Ric pushes his way in. "Ric? What are you doing here? What's going on?"
Ric starts looking around Indigo's lower level. "Where is she?"
"Who?"
Ric stops and glares at Indigo. "You know who."
"It's too early for this. Who are you talking about?"
"Summer."
"How do you know about Summer? And what makes you think she's here?"
"Ian called me. He saw you leave with that thing."
"So what?"
"So what? You're my baby sister. I have a right to know what's going on with you."
"No you don't, and you certainly don't have the right to keep trying to set me up with guys."
"I wwant you to be happy."
"Then accept who I am."
"I don't understand."
"I'm gay. I like women not men."
"No you're not. They make you think you are but you're not. You can't be."
"Why not?"
"you're too beautiful to be a dyke."
"And you're too smart to be an ignorant a*****e."
"Indigo, there's things that can be done to help you get over this phase."
"Ric, it's not a phase. There is no cure. This isn't the 1950's."
"Why are you being defensive? you know I'm right, don't you?"
"Ric, get the f**k out of my house. Now."
Indigo starts pushing Ric towards the door. Summer comese down the stairs wearing a T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, and says "Indi, is it ok that I borrowed some clothes?"
Ric rushes at Summer, pins her to the wall by her throat and says "No, it's not. You've already poisoned her mind. I won't let you poison her body too."
Indigo pulls at Ric's arm and says "Get off her. You're hurting her."
Ric pushes Indigo away. "This is for your own good, Indigo. You were out with Summer last night and this, Rosie, this morning. They're turning you into a s**t."
"I am not a s**t. Now get off her and get before I call the cops."
"Two different women in less than twelve hours? What would you call that?"
Summer chokes out "Same woman."
"What was that?"
"Same woman. I'm Summer."
"What?"
Indigo says "It's true. RIc, let her go."
RIc looks at Summer, uses his free hand to lift the T-shirt up slightly. "It is you."
Ric slams Summer harder against the wall, leans towards her, whispers in her ear, throws her to the floor and runs out of the house. Indigo rushes to Summer. "Summer, are you ok?" Summer doesn't answer. Indigo lifts Summer so she is sat up. "Answer me, please?" Summer leans against the wall, brings her knee to her chest and starts to rock. S**t, s**t, s**t. What do I do?" Indigo gets up, finds her phone and dials. "I need your help... Yes, I know what time it is but it's important... It's Summer. Ric just attacked her and now she's just rocking... Thank you. Please, hurry." Indigo hangs, sits down next to Summer and puts her arm around Summer's shoulders. "Help's coming, Summer. Please come back to me."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman