Chapter 66

Chapter 66

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Sabrina, Indigo, SUmmer, Meredith and Fico in Indigo's living room. Summer rubs her face and says "F***s sake. Fico, how many more times do I have to tell you?"
Sabrina says "Summer."
Fico says "It's ok, Sabrina. Look, Summer, I know you're frustrated but you know how this works."
Summer says "Sorry. Just wish it could be over, you know?"
"I know. Tell me, one last time, what you remember."
Summer sighs. "I came down those stairs, Ric grabbed me, slammed me against the wall, said something about Indigo being a s**t and being with two different women. I told him she'd only been with me, well I said one."
"Why did he think Indigo was with two different women?"
"He knew he was out with me last night."
"If he knew you were together last night, where was the second woman?"
"To look at me, he thought I was Rosie."
"Why?"
"Because that's what I told him when I first saw him again."
Sabrina says "Oh, Summer."
"Mom, you know how much Ric hated me back then. So, I thought I would avoid drama. Which obviously didn't work."
Fico says "After you said one, what happened?"
"I told him who I was, he looked at my scar, went straight to it., whispered in my ear and that's all I remember until I woke up and everyone was here."
"Who's everyone?"
"Indigo, Mom, Ethan, Lexi and Mrs Wyatt."
"What did he whisper?"
"That I should have taken the warning and he won't be as gentle this time. SOmething like that."
"And which scar?"
"You know which one."
"Please, Summer. It's important."
"Do you need pictures?"
"You know I do, but we can do them her as your lawyer is present, and swabs and scrappings."
Meredith says "I have no objections but it's Summer's choice."
Summer looks at Sabrina. Sabrina says "Indigo, can we talk privately?"
Indigo says "Can't it wait?"
Sumer says "Indi, please go with Mom."
"Why?"
"Same reason I don't want you to look at those photos."
"But I want to be here for you."
"You are. I'm not ready for you to see me like this. Please understand."
"Ok."
Summer kisses Indigo. "Thank you."
"Love you."
"Love you. i'l shout when I'm done."
Indigo nods and walks intot he kitchen. Sabrina walks in behind her and shuts the door. "She doesn't trust me, does she?"
Sabrina says "Sit down and tel me where you keep your alcohol."
"Spirits, top cupboard. Beer, in the fridge. Bottle of vodka, at the back of the freezer." Sabrina gets the vodka from the freezer and places it on the table. "Isn't it too early?"
"Considering the day we've had, I'd say we're late."
"Glasses are..."
Sabrina waves her hand, opens the bottle and drinks some. "We're way past that."
Sabrina passes the bottle to Indigo. Indigo drinks some. "The last time I did this was when you and Summer left."
"She does trust you."
Indigo takes another drink. "She didn't then and she doesn't now."
Sabrina taked the bottle from Indigo. "Don't be stupid. I tok her away because she wouldn't talk. She would write but not talk."
"The note she left me?"
"I asked her what she would say to you if we had to leave in a few hours. That's what she wrote."
"Did you leave that quickly?"
Sabrina takes a drink. "No. It was a few months later, when we realised Summer was pregnant."
"Why didn't she try and find me?"
Indigo takes the bottle back and drinks. "Woah, slow down. She wanted to, but I stopped her." Indigo puts the bottle down and Sabrina grabs it. "I did it because, honestly, I thought you were both too young to be planning your whole lives together." Sabrina drinks. "But I was wrong. Seeing her this last week and seeing you both today, I can see you belong together. She loves you."
"And I love her but she doesn't trust me."
"She does."
Indigo grabs the bottle and drinks. "Then why doesn't she want me to see what he did to her?"
"She won't let anyone see. The only reason I know is because she was knocked out when the doctors were cleaning her up. I'm sure there's things you know that I don't. Give her time. When she's ready, she'll show you. Until then," Sabrina grabs the bottle and drinks. "Let's get shitfaced."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman