Chapter 95

Chapter 95

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

            Summer laid on Indigo on Sabrina’s couch watching TV. Indigo says “Princess?”

            Summer says “Yeah?”

            “Are you sure this is how you want to spend tonight?”

            “Yeah. I guess I’ll need my energy tomorrow, and I like this. Why? Not enjoying this?”

            “I am. It’s been a long time since we’ve done this. I think the last time was the night before my eighteenth birthday, but I do remember being less clothed.”

            “We were after midnight. Your mom found us the next morning, and said there was nothing she could do since you were eighteen.”

            “And you weren’t her daughter, so she couldn’t tell you anything other than don’t let the boys see.”

            Summer laughs. “I bet you haven’t slept on a couch between then and now.”

            “Not with anyone. That’s an us thing.”

            Summer kisses Indigo. Ethan runs in and shouts “Mommy. Momma. We’re here and we got food.”

            Summer and Indigo sits up. “The one time those two aren’t late.”

            Summer says “Not midnight yet.” Ethan jumps on Summer’s lap. “Hey, buddy. You have fun?”

            Ethan says “Yep. We played video games and Cilla beat Uncle Gaz. Now he has to be her man-servant for a whole week.”

            Indigo says “What were you playing?”

            Priscilla says “The one where not being able to drive is a bonus and crashing is a good thing.”

            “Burnout?” Priscilla shrugs. “Where’s Gaz?” Gaz enters, carrying all the bags and wearing a maid’s outfit. “Should I ask where that came from?”

            Gaz says “No.”

            Summer says “What food did you bring me?”

            Ethan says “We got you favorite. Chinese and cheesecake.”

            Priscilla says “Hungry?”

            Summer says “Ethan, have you eaten?”

            Ethan says “Yes, Mommy. Cilla said I should because it was late, and you might want me to go to bed when we got here.”

            “Are you tired?” Ethan shakes his head. “Are you hungry?” Ethan nods. “How about you go and put your pyjamas on, then you can sit with us until you’re ready for bed?”

            “Ok.”

            Ethan jumps down and runs upstairs. Gaz says “You really going to let him stay up?”

            Summer says “His pyjamas are under his pillows.”

            “And?”

            “And if he’s not down in five minutes, he’s asleep.”

            “If he comes back down you’ll let him stay up?”

            “Yes. It’s Friday, it’s a treat for him, and I don’t have to explain anything to you.”

            “Sums, chill. I didn’t mean anything by that.”

            “Oh, go clean something.”

            “Indigo, can you show me where the plates and things are?”

            Indigo says “Sure.”

            Indigo leaves the room and Gaz follows. Summer leans back on the couch and rubs her face. Priscilla says “What was that?”

            Summer says “Gaz questioning my parenting.”

            “He probably wishes he had a parent as cool as you when he was Ethan’s age.”

            “The Wyatt’s have always been cool parents.”

            Priscilla sits next to Summer. “You know Gaz better than me, but I’m sure he didn’t mean to upset you. Although, you are cute when you’re mad.”

            Summer looks at Priscilla. “Can’t help yourself, can you?”

            “I tried. It was painful.” Summer laughs. “It’s not funny, it actually hurt. Ask Indigo.”

            Indigo walks in and says “Ask me what?”

            “About my attempt at not turning a conversation sexual.”

            “So freaky. It looked like it was actually hurting her.”

            Priscilla slaps Summer’s leg. “Told you.”

            Summer says “No need for violence.”

            Priscilla rubs Summer’s leg. “Want me to kiss it better?”

            Indigo says “No, and stop rubbing her leg.”

            “Indigo, you need to learn to share, but fine.” Priscilla moves to the other couch. “Where’s the food?”

            Gaz walks in with three plates and hands them out. “Where’s yours?”

            Gaz says “If it was ok with Summer, I was going to check on Ethan before I eat. Is that ok, Sums? I know he’s your kid and I don’t want to, you know, over-step again.”

            Summer says “It’s fine, Gaz. Just try not to scare him in that outfit.”

            “He’s seen this already. He can take it.” Gaz goes to leave the room but stops. “Where’s his room?”

            Summer shakes her head. “Upstairs. The door should be open.” Gaz nods and leaves the room. “Indi, did you tell him to ask?”

            Indigo says “I suggested it. He didn’t mean to upset you.”

            Summer nods. Indigo sits next to Summer. Priscilla says “Let’s eat.”

            Gaz enters the room with his plate, sits next to Priscilla and says “Thanks for waiting.”

            Indigo says “No problem. Is he asleep?”

            “Yeah. He was still in his clothes.”

            “Just like his mother.”

            Summer says “You know I rarely sleep clothed.”

            Priscilla says “I’m coming to wake you up.”

            “When?”

            “When you least expect it.”

            Indigo says “No, you won’t. I meant how he sparks out as soon as his head touches the pillow.”

            “You always on the bottom?”

            “Excuse me?”

            “If Summer falls asleep when her head touches the pillow, are you always on the bottom?”

            Gaz says “Don’t answer that. I don’t need those images.”

            Summer says “No.”

            Indigo says “Summer.”

            “I don’t want my pillows being taken.”

            Priscilla says “It’s like she reads my mind.”

            “Psychic, ninja terminator, remember?”

            “You told her?” Indigo nods. “You forgot hot.”

            Indigo kisses Summer and says “No, I didn’t.”

            Priscilla passes her plate to Gaz and stands up. “I’m going to say goodnight to your son, then we’ll be going.”

            Gaz says “We will?”

            “Yes.”

            “What about dessert?”

            “You can have that when we get back. Be a good girl, and tidy up.”

            Priscilla leaves the room. “She didn’t ask before she went up.”

            Summer says “She didn’t piss me off.”

            Indigo takes Summer’s plate, stands up, walks to Gaz and says “Give.”

            Gaz says “I’ll take them.”

            “Give.”

            Gaz passes Indigo the plates. “Fine.” Indigo leaves the room. “Sums, I didn’t mean to piss you off. I was asking because those shows on TV talk about routines and stuff for kids, and I was hoping…”

            Summer says “Hoping what?”

            “Never mind.”

            “Tell me.”

            “It doesn’t matter.”

            “Either spit it out or I’ll beat it out of you.”

            “I was hoping that I could look after Ethan for a weekend, and I wanted to prove that he’d be ok with me. He’d be safe.”

            “Gaz.”

            “I know, I have no right but, please, Sums.”

            “Shut up, you idiot. Look, you know I’m not a hundred percent that Ric is, you know, but you took to Ethan before you found out and proved he’s safe with you. Gaz, I trust you with my son. Hell, I even trust Priscilla with him. If you want to spend time with him, I don’t mind, as long as it’s ok with him.”

            Gaz dives on Summer, hugs her, and kisses her cheek. “Thank you, Sums. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

            “Get off me, freak. You’re creeping me out.”

            Gaz stands up. “You don’t think I look good in a dress?”

            Summer laughs. “No.”

            Gaz frowns. “Why not?”

            “You’re lacking in the chest department.”

            Priscilla says “Is it wrong that seeing that turned me on?”

            Indigo and Summer says “Yes.”

            “Prudes. So, you trust me, huh?”

            Summer says “With Ethan. Other than that, still not sure.”

            “It’s a start.” Priscilla grabs Gaz’s hand. “Come on, slave, it’s time we left. I think Summer wants to taste her cheesecake.” Priscilla winks at Summer and kisses Indigo’s cheek. “See you tomorrow.”

            “Thank you for tonight.”

            “It was fun, and tomorrow will be even better. Bye, guys.”

            Gaz says “Bye, b*****s.”

            Priscilla and Gaz leave. Indigo sits next to Summer and says “What you said to Gaz was really sweet.”

            Summer says “You heard all that?” Indigo nods. “I shouldn’t have snapped at him. Ethan looks up to him. I suppose he could have a worse role model.”

            “You made him happy. Thank you.”

            Indigo kisses Summer. “You know, Priscilla was right.”

            “About what?”

            “I do want to taste my cheesecake.”

            “It’s not your birthday yet.”

            “Nearly is.”

            “Can you wait?”

            “Can you keep my head off my pillow?”

            Indigo laughs and kisses Summer. “Let’s find out. Lead the way, Princess.”

            Summer leads Indigo out of the room and upstairs.



© 2018 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman