Chapter 102

Chapter 102

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

            Summer and Indigo in Indigo’s old room. Summer says “Wow.”

            Indigo says “What?”

            “It looks the same.”

            “That a good thing?”

            “A lot of good memories in here.”

            “I’ve got a few bad ones.”

            “Because of me?”

            “No, because of Ric.”

            “He didn’t make me leave you.”

            “Sabrina explained why you left. It wasn’t your fault.”

            “I could have found you years ago.”

            “We’re together now and, honestly, I don’t think either of us would have been ready before now.”

            “I know. You’re right. I told you what I got myself into. I was a mess. I would not have wanted you to see me like that.”

            “None of that matters now. You came back to me, and I am thankful for everyone and anyone that got you out of that dark place.”

            “There was a lot of people that tried to help me but there was only one person that could pull me out. That was you.”

            “Me? How?”

            “People kept telling me to think of my mom and my son. I wouldn’t listen. Mom looked at me like I was broken and Ethan was a reminder that I was disposable. Mom and me fought about everything, all the time. One she must have been tired of fighting and said ‘What would Indigo think of you now?’ That broke me. The thought of you hating me brought me back but not having you near me hurt so much.”

            “I don’t understand.”

            “You pulled me from my abyss, but I couldn’t be me without you so I became Rosie.”

            “Is that why you refused to be Rosie with me?”

            Summer nods. “I, Summer, belong with you, no-one else. Rosie, well, Rosie was anyone’s.”

            “Don’t let Priscilla hear that.” Summer laughs. “I don’t see two yous.”

            “But I do. It’s something I’m working on in therapy. Apparently, it’s called doubling.”

            “Why are you telling me this?”

            “I’d rather it came from me. You deserve to know what I am.”

            “You’re a who, not a what, and who you are, I love.”

            Indigo kisses Summer and pushes her towards the bed. Indigo takes off Summer’s shirt. Priscilla opens the door and says “Damn. I was too early.”

            “What do you want?”

            “To see Summer’s abs.”

            Summer says “Anything else?”

            “Maybe.”

            Indigo says “Priscilla?”

            “I’ll tell you if I can look.”

            Summer says “Fine.”

            Indigo says “Really?”

            “She will keep nagging otherwise.”

            “What about, you know?”

            Indigo puts her hand where Summer’s scar is. “I got that covered.” Summer stand in front of Priscilla. “Five seconds. No touching. Deal?”

            Priscilla says “Deal.”

            Summer holds the side of her vest top as she lifts the bottom up to show off her stomach. Priscilla stares at Summer’s stomach. “Five. Four. Three. Two. One.” Summer drops her top back down. “What did you have to tell us?”

            “Taxi. Ten minutes. Hurry up.”

            Indigo says “We’ll be ready. You can get out now.”

            “But I’ve only got a couple more areas to see.”

            “Those areas are for my eyes only.”

            “So selfish. Fine, but be ready or I’ll send Iona up.”

            “No need for threats.”

            “That wasn’t a threat. Lexi would have been a threat.”

            Priscilla leaves. Summer kisses Indigo. “Do you really have to go to work?”

            Summer says “Unfortunately, but I will make it up to you later.”

            “It’s your birthday. I will compensate you.”

            “Best birthday present.”

            “Speaking of your birthday presents, I have one for you.”

            “You’ve already given me stuff.”

            “I was going to give this to you when you turned eighteen but I couldn’t, so I’m giving it to you now.”

            Indigo gets a small box from the desk drawer and gives it to Summer. “What is it?”

            “Open it.”

            Summer opens the box. “Keys?”

            “Yes.”

            “To what?”

            “You don’t remember?”

            “Nope.”

            “One is a key to my house and the other, well, now it’s a surprise.”

            “That’s cruel. Leaving me like this.”

            “Payback for my office.”

            “Not the same, and I made up for that. Can I get a hint?”

            “Graduation gift.”

            “Mine or yours?”

            “You don’t get a second clue.” Summer pouts. “That’s cute but it won’t work. Think about it while you get ready. Everything should be in the same place you left it.”

            “Next to your bed in a pile?”

            Indigo kisses Summer. “Later, Princess.”

            Indigo leaves the room. “Why couldn’t he cope for one night? Silvain, you owe me for this.” Summer opens the wardrobe. “She really did keep everything. I hope it still fits.”



© 2018 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman