Sorry your something else

Sorry your something else

A Poem by Samoda
"

These chain of thoughts basically just came to me and i thought to myself that probably no one has ever done a poem like that before, it was seemed to me a unheard of to personify the word sorry.

"
Sorry you’re something else

You are the reason cliche is not an Olympic sport,
 why must you bask in the demise, hatred, loyalty and love of our minds?
Is it not enough to be said when only referring to a general chain of events or emotions?
 It must have been a rough childhood that manned you into the psychotic ‘world domineering figure’ that you are today.
 Nevertheless we need you, I need you, for you often times quail the extent of a heart burn and ironically blind the re-occurrence.
I guess love has nothing on you; for even love has it’s withering stance: ‘ I think I like you, he’s cool, we’re happy, she’s so pretty’.
 But you remain constant like the hope of life itself, and sadly I shall sadly one day use you.

© 2013 Samoda


Author's Note

Samoda
sorry my grammar will always distract... but try and see past it please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good free verse. This is good, has a great message and evokes what a lot of people are in today's society...narcissistic and serving, we may think we need them, but when push comes to shove we finally realize people like this do not know how to love. But karma is the best revenge when if we ourselves seek revenge, karma will bite us on our own dierriere.

I think your vocabulary is just fine. You might consider aligning your text in a different manner to be a bit more visual appeal to the eye.

Thank you for asking me to review your great poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice. :) Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thanks
A very good poem. Many thoughts and emotion in this poem. I like the honest statements and real life ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thanks...
This is....so sad to me...it's kind of like reading my soon to be ex-husband's words. I wonder if he thought of me as a "world domineering figure"...even with that being said, I much prefer to stay postitive...even if I'm used I guess. It reminded me of this story I once heard...of this man who traveled the world, he helped many people, gave them anything they asked, until he wondered through a forest, with not any clothes on his back. Despite the fact he was naked he still smiled, even when he came across a goblin. The goblin asked the man if he could eat him, saying he was hungry and couldnt find food. The forest was full of animals, but the man said he could eat him anyways. He smiled, even when he was only a head left. Saying I am so happy I could help, yet he ended as a goblins snack...I liked your write, even if it seems sad to me, this was simply how it came across.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

yah thats true... maybe i need to do a follow up:) can u tell me what you think of the latest one pl.. read more
Serenity Faith

11 Years Ago

I'd be glad too, what with you asking so nicely and all ^_^
Samoda

11 Years Ago

:)
I'm really glad you provided that explanation of intent and the form. I might have been led another direction without them. You may be correct, I can not recall any poems that attempt to anthropomorphize/personify the word "sorry." It think this has accomplished at least some of that. Some words seem unnecessarily repeated and the contrast to love's similarities is a bit strained but overall it works. Good write! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you, i find your reviews very helpful
It's true that love has no effect or reasoning to some people and it's tough to deal with. They can be heartless and not care. Not share their feelings with others who feel are worth it. Love has to work two ways though and effort has to be given from both sides, not just one. But very nice write. I also love the different words you used.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thanks much for reading...
Great work. I love your writing. Keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thanks much:)
Ada Slowe

11 Years Ago

Welcome
Wow, this is a really good free verse. It shows a lot of emotion. I think you did a good job.
~Tasha

Posted 11 Years Ago


Samoda

11 Years Ago

thank you:)
Very good free verse. This is good, has a great message and evokes what a lot of people are in today's society...narcissistic and serving, we may think we need them, but when push comes to shove we finally realize people like this do not know how to love. But karma is the best revenge when if we ourselves seek revenge, karma will bite us on our own dierriere.

I think your vocabulary is just fine. You might consider aligning your text in a different manner to be a bit more visual appeal to the eye.

Thank you for asking me to review your great poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013

Author

Samoda
Samoda

FL



About
I am but a simple young man who just likes serenity. all i ask is honesty towards my poems. I get a good feeling when i feel like structure words properly and paint my thoughts.. and that feeling is s.. more..

Writing
Finaly Finaly

A Poem by Samoda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..