Want Me Too

Want Me Too

A Poem by J.S. Kloss
"

An experiment with the way someone may feel after a relationship.

"

I’d love to tell you what I’m thinking, but I think it’s safe to say

that I’m thinking of you daily and you wouldn’t want to hear about that anyway.

I’d love to feel your whooshing pulse, and sense your fluttering heart,

but you haven’t touched me, or merely gotten near me, since shortly after our start.

I’d love to keep our slim memories on a loop, letting them seamlessly play,

but it only reminds me of you leaving, and makes me sob as I see them day after day.

I’d love to have you here before me, just so my eyes can rest upon you

and I won’t have to worry that you’ve moved on, even if I secretly know it’s true.

I’d love for you to have hot tears scald your frozen cheeks as you beg for a second chance.

I’d love for you to honestly say whether or not you planned for things to go this way.

I’d love for you to dream of me each night, and shake awake craving to hold me.

I’d love for you to feel my absence like I feel yours.

To long for days spent together.

To obsess over the many puzzling things I’ve said.

To speak only with your body as if we’re young lovers, beginning again.

I’d love for you to want me too.

© 2015 J.S. Kloss


Author's Note

J.S. Kloss
Rhythm and flow weren't too much of a concern with this poem, though I think it still has some. Instead, I was trying to give it emotion and have it be relatable. Please, tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice flow of thoughts leading to the very good ending.
"To speak only with your body as if we’re young lovers, beginning again.
I’d love for you to want me too."
Love is solid when we act like new lovers learning to love. I liked the need and the want of your words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Decent poem. It had a good rhyme scheme. It had a little message in it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very nice flow of thoughts leading to the very good ending.
"To speak only with your body as if we’re young lovers, beginning again.
I’d love for you to want me too."
Love is solid when we act like new lovers learning to love. I liked the need and the want of your words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice! your Rhythm is full of love & happiness that indicates your elevation to mankind & nature.

Posted 9 Years Ago


If that is not poetry I don't know what is.
Beautiful mindset. Enjoyed

Posted 9 Years Ago


It reads with a nice even meter most of the way so the flow is not that bad, you rhyme scheme is fell apart at the end but did you mean for the poem to rhyme from the start or did it just work out that way, what with the way you started the sentences in the I'd pattern? Emotional and warm, uplifting and spirited all in all a good poem, I like it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.S. Kloss

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! I did mean for it to rhyme from the start. I see that my idea for this was .. read more
Bear

9 Years Ago

Not at all, I get what you were trying to do now. It is a great idea, not sure how you will accompli.. read more
I think you managed to get the emotion across and that you could easily work on the piece more as well! Have you read it aloud to yourself? Some of the breaks work perfectly and some of them could use a little love and care. I think that the repetition of "I'd" could also be broken up a bit. It seems to detract from the poem rather than adding to it. This is a very powerful piece and I do hope you mull over some changes to make it even more refined :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


J.S. Kloss

9 Years Ago

I'll try reading it aloud! Thank you for commenting!!
Chase

9 Years Ago

No problem :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2015
Tags: love, break up, relationship, memories, emotion, regret, want

Author

J.S. Kloss
J.S. Kloss

Tempe, AZ



About
Hi! I’m Jess and I’m from an adorable town called Saugerties that is in upstate New York. I’m currently attending Arizona State University where I’m undergoing a change in majo.. more..

Writing
Kharon Kharon

A Story by J.S. Kloss


Coalesce Coalesce

A Poem by J.S. Kloss



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


P is for Pain P is for Pain

A Poem by Devons


Karma Karma

A Story by Taylor