When A Girl Has a Broken Heart

When A Girl Has a Broken Heart

A Poem by J. Rose

And I recognized that look in her eyes, the sadness in her voice and the way her body moved like she had nowhere else to go. I had been there before. I had lived and survived through the quiet nights when I believed the lonilness would consume me whole. The dark nights when I didn't long for the sun, for the thought of another day seemed so tiring. I remember the days when just taking a single breath hurt and I thought the lump in my throat would strangle me. The days when I couldn't look at my tear-stained face in the mirror without wanting to smash it. I will not tell her to be strong. Or that it will all be okay. I'll just be there for her. There really is nothing you can say when a girl has a broken heart. She's dying a little inside everyday. But someday she will live again.


-j.r.

© 2015 J. Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree.
"There really is nothing you can say when a girl has a broken heart. She's dying a little inside everyday. But someday she will live again."
A broken heart need time and separation. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote




Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015
Tags: poetry, poem, woman, girl, love, heart, broken heart, love poem, sad, depression, lonely, broken, darkness, hope, dying, death

Author

J. Rose
J. Rose

About
Writer of over 200 poems and a dozen stories. Hope to get most posted here soon. "And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to.. more..

Writing
What Love Is What Love Is

A Poem by J. Rose