We need to quit meeting this way

We need to quit meeting this way

A Poem by Jon Roggie

Every now and again,
  you show up,
    and it always has to be at the crossroads.

You should at least try something new.

Just because a moment of doubt occurs,
  there is no reason to prey,
   but I guess it is your way.

I prefer to choose my path,
  not relying on costly guarantees.

Once again,
  nod my head,
   and pass on by.

© 2014 Jon Roggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'I prefer to choose my path,
not relying on costly guarantees.'


lots of little nuances here, the meaning not immediately obvious but I think I got there by degrees revealing a very astute poem. fantastic.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

9 Years Ago

I can't help but be vague. I was listening to some blues, and I thought of Robert Johnson. As the .. read more
asdarkeyesclose

9 Years Ago

now i truly understand! thank you for explaining the inspiration for this wonderful poem.
Tell me if I'm reading the poem right. Also, I have a little bit of a compare contrast confessional approach to the review here. That is all to say to begin with that...

I've never had to tell someone to stop meeting me; of course, however, all of us have different ways of warding people off when we have various commitments, decisions, priorities, etc.., though people tell people this for a reason all the time, not that I have not had my feelings of needing to get away. This is peculiar to my situation however. When I need to figure out psychology and whatever it is I need or am unhappy about, sometimes I guess it has to do with what others are doing or saying. It's true, because of our various moods and goals, we do not always have time to stop and talk to anyone just because it is their particular fancy, so to speak. The decades are spinning by too fast. I find looking into the past decades of music to be slightly sad sometimes and prefer lately to hear some of the new sounds. But we all need a break from things, even people sometimes, though we cannot exist well without others in our lives and have much less joy that way. I am waiting myself to figure out what friends I may make along the way.

I am drawn to the part about "not relying on costly guarantees" I ought to take this poem as a little advice for myself. I certainly hope I will. Aye aye, Captain!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

9 Years Ago

I think you got it. With my reply to Ghost, I brought up the Robert Johnson part. The entire selli.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 26, 2014

Author

Jon Roggie
Jon Roggie

Porterville, CA



About
I tend to ramble, and rarely explain myself. Take that as you will more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..