Tossed aside

Tossed aside

A Poem by Jon Roggie

Do not let your words quietly sink
  
Not fair

Leaving them to vanish

Feels like you might have tossed them to the side

Message softly spoken
  thinking it will not be heard
    waiting

Will someone listen?

© 2017 Jon Roggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I did not pick up on this as a message to writers. My brain went immediately to words not spoken to the one they're for. I read it as a kinder, gentler way to say, if you got something to say, say it so I can "fix" or "defend". Not fair to be mad or upset with me and I don't even know! Not fair to you either. Anyways.....all that and it was a gentle nudge to tortured and conflicted artists to give readers a chance to judge whether good or bad...Sweet Mother of God, it's 2:40 am and I think I've been out partying at the Cafe a little too long, tonight. But...I have no small children, I'm off work, it's supposed to rain and I can sleep any time I want. So bartender, I'll have another shot of poetry with a short story back...

Posted 6 Years Ago


we often toss aside thoughts we have written down...but the best bet is to put them aside rather than destroy them...we might find some merit, later.
and find we have very usable phrases to make something good happen.

j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

6 Years Ago

The words always come back, but some are meant to be left aside.
Yes Jon, someone has heard your words. The Gods of randomness has brought them to me. Most read or viewed doesn't take into account how good the words are, which is a pity.

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jon Roggie

6 Years Ago

Words catch the writer, and the reader. Often, not at the same time, but maybe eventually.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2017
Last Updated on August 9, 2017

Author

Jon Roggie
Jon Roggie

Porterville, CA



About
I tend to ramble, and rarely explain myself. Take that as you will more..

Writing