Resting

Resting

A Poem by Jon Roggie

Sometimes, I have to stop.
Let the memories flow through.
Whatever has happened before stays with me.

Good or bad times, I remember.

Always feel the pain, but still hold to the joy.

So, if you see me there,
  quiet, motionless.

Don't worry.
I am just resting.

© 2011 Jon Roggie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jon roggie,
"Resting"
"Memories flow through..good or bad times I remember..always feel the pain, but still hold to the joy..see me there, quiet, motionless..just resting."
Experiences of life are powerful and we process them differently. solitude is so important for this inner work.
Your last line speaks to the importance and possiblility of inner contemplation and thought in life lessons to be learned as we think and trouble shoot this life.
Great lesson within your poem. thanks,
Kathy


Posted 6 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

6 Years Ago

This one was from a bit ago. Early days here, and I was learning. Glad you liked it.
Jon
This poem is very akin to your recent one of letting it go -- yet, somewhat like my comment to you. How apropos.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

7 Years Ago

I do tend to revisit certain themes. I was still getting used to actually sharing anything I wrote.
Well it is that time of year for your "species" to hibernate ( ;
As life goes forward..we carry so much within our souls.. we must take time to reflect..and I love how you always leave us with a ray of light or hope at the end of your work…because that is a part of life also..
Really enjoyed this piece Dear Mr. Tortoise

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

10 Years Ago

This was before I named myself. I still owe that to you and the flutterby. Thank you, Pixie.
Renée

10 Years Ago

We calls em as we sees em…you wandered into the garden and voila ! Mr. Tortoise ( ; a pleasur.. read more
'So, if you see me there,
quiet, motionless.'

memories/cruel/kind some we'd like to escape and some that we need to remember forgotten. such is the irony. in fact, there was a woman on the radio this morning who had forgotten her husbands marriage proposal- and he could not remember it either- highly bizarre really because it is the kind of thing you should remember - but then 30 years of marriage! I think you've deserved the odd rest here and there toddling along so slow!!!!! fantastic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

10 Years Ago

I had forgotten this one. Checking, it was the third one I posted. Thank you, my friend!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
:: beautifully expressed... that rest is essential for survival...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jon Roggie

10 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. You scrolled through a bit to find this one.
.

10 Years Ago

:: my privilege, monsieur jon...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 17, 2011
Last Updated on December 17, 2011

Author

Jon Roggie
Jon Roggie

Porterville, CA



About
I tend to ramble, and rarely explain myself. Take that as you will more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..