Arcadia | Prologue

Arcadia | Prologue

A Chapter by Julia
"

President Downs has released a press statement regarding the war rumors circulating through the nation.

"
    A statement from President Downs regarding the recent invasion threats has been released earlier this morning (7:00 AM). Mr. President will not be taking any questions or interviews regarding the situation until a later date.
President Downs: "I understand the American citizens' concern for the well-being of our nations. I've made mistakes and soiled the trust and friendship of our fellow nations, and they have ultimately turned against us. We have received threats of attacks and invasions starting on both the West and East coastlines, and the Canadian border. The countries who have declared war upon the United States of America are as follows: [pause] Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Canada, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Russia, Libya, Nigeria, China, Japan, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom.
     "I highly recommend all women and children to move inland away from coastlines and Canadian border. I am hereby putting forward a law that makes any man the age of at least 16 a possible candidate for being drafted into the army to protect our borders and coastlines from invading forces. Any man who resists the draft will be considered an enemy.
     "We will continue this fight until all enemies have formally surrendered. As American citizens, we shall protect the homeland with pride and loyalty. I will die before I let this country become overrun with the impure."


© 2013 Julia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats



Author

Julia
Julia

NC



About
I like writing drama and science fiction novels for teens and young adults. I'm deeply influenced by video games, so I may also post some fan fiction. Thanks for your support and feedback. more..

Writing