thrown away

thrown away

A Poem by yashmita13
"

a new way to see/live life

"

To rear a boy under what parents call the 'sheltered life system' is, if the boy must go into the world and fend for himself, not wise unless he be one in a thousand he has certainly to pass through many unnecessary troubles, and may, possibly come to extreme grief simply from ignorance of the proper proportions of things.

Let a puppy eat the soap in the bathroom or chew a newly polished shoe. He chews and chuckles until, by and by, he finds out that blacking and Old Brown Windsor make him very sick; so he argues that soap and shoes are no wholesome. Any old dog about the house will soon show him the unwisdom biting big dogs’ ears. Being young, he remembers and goes abroad, at six month, a well-mannered little beast with a chastened appetite. If he had been kept away from boots, and soap, and big dogs till he came to the trinity full-grown and with developed teeth, consider how fearfully sick and thrashed he would be! Apply that notion to be ‘sheltered life’, and see how it works. It does not sound pretty, but it is the better of two evils.

© 2013 yashmita13


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree, but Im not sure if this format would be considered poetry"^^) Its more of a paragraph explaining the concept...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 17, 2013

Author

yashmita13
yashmita13

About
A system takes care of the detail work for you, freeing up your time and your mind so you can focus on activities that Generate Income. The last thing you need to worry about is all the detail work of.. more..

Writing