So simple…yet…so complicated

So simple…yet…so complicated

A Story by yashmita13
"

its what life does to you...

"

You came as black and white. You didn’t stand out until you were pointed out to me. I saw you with those surprised eyes of mine. It was as if a new born is introduced to the world for the first time. I had never thought about you, and didn’t think it would go so far. I saw you as nothing but a trial…something I wasn’t sure about. You had a magic. It existed in others, but I could only feel it in you. It all seemed perfect in the starting. You kept me close and I got passionate. My soul belonged to you and yours belonged to mine. It was perfect…yet, just the start. You were my black hole; which had sucked me in. We worked! But not yet. We had long way to go. You would drive, and I would direct. We were the perfect couple. Oh, those day - when it was so simple. Nothing could stop us from working. Well…at least that’s what I thought. Who was I kidding?

Last thing I remember - addiction. I was addicted to you. You were my life. In the beginning I wouldn’t have thought of it going so far…but I think it’s just what life does to you. Yet, so simple. Nature. We all one day become old and loose the energy. I did. I remember…for me, it took only 4 minutes to fall in love with you but took 4 years to get out of it. So complicated. It’s not easy to know that you can’t do much more, or in fact do nothing more. You can’t go back in time. You can’t undo anything. You can’t remember what got you so close but can’t forget why you drifted apart. So complicated. Give it some time; someone told me. Well, I did. But it doesn’t work that way. Once it’s gone, you don’t get it back.

BUT I DON'T REGRET A SINGLE THING..

Here I am, a dancer, well…to put it truthfully - just a dancer. I might dance pretty well, but it won’t be perfect.  Not the way I used to be……….or at least, not the way we used to be. So passionate, so enthusiastic, so simple. Now remember, life won’t always be “perfect”, in fact it’s going to be really hard. But think about this too…would I have come so far from where I started if I took precautions at the first sight of it and never really took the chance? Would I have had those ravishing moments? Would I by any chance be standing here? Life as we know it, so simple…yet…so complicated.

© 2014 yashmita13


Author's Note

yashmita13
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Easy to ignore grammer problems........but very difficult to forget your writing. You have become my absolute favorite writer on this site. The insights into the the human existance that you express, is rather amazing in the way you find the precise exact choice of words to express a complicated thought in very few words. "It took 4 minutes to fall in love with you but it took 4 years to get out of it".... wow, all the mixed feelings that is implied and expressed in that brief line is amazing !

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

finally something I really enjoyed reading. Keep going and do not stop, you have a talent.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yashmita13

8 Years Ago

awhh thank you so much. it means a lot to me
oh wow very deep but has good points love it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is of the most amazing poetry I read in my life

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Easy to ignore grammer problems........but very difficult to forget your writing. You have become my absolute favorite writer on this site. The insights into the the human existance that you express, is rather amazing in the way you find the precise exact choice of words to express a complicated thought in very few words. "It took 4 minutes to fall in love with you but it took 4 years to get out of it".... wow, all the mixed feelings that is implied and expressed in that brief line is amazing !

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

721 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 15, 2014

Author

yashmita13
yashmita13

About
A system takes care of the detail work for you, freeing up your time and your mind so you can focus on activities that Generate Income. The last thing you need to worry about is all the detail work of.. more..

Writing