Design Aesthetic.

Design Aesthetic.

A Poem by just_teague
"

oh turpentine erase me whole...

"
    Bunny. Color drops into my world today.

It is folded within the in-swing of a voice smooth, so soft, sweet and yet startlingly mechanical, a voice which subtly clicks from note to note, micro-matter grace notes, interlocking romantology into a thousand anomalies, the caress of a velvet rope wrapped around my struggling mind, shreds of details, details, it is relentless, my organics no match against the nerveless.

The unblinking.

Rabbit, get out of my head, let love rest and wither. But no, a flick of your wrist, your fingers fold, fall into place, so precise and I am wrapped in again, there in my palm place. A stiff slow, dance, impeccably calculated. Waist twitches, turns, steady gait leading into our final formal bow. Mouth curled as if amused, eyes opaque, ambiguous.

Unblinking.

A design aesthetic: beautiful your Blue Matter, and the vectors running through your hard drive and out your eyes, the elongated ridge of upper lip and edges of cheek bones lingering into dark spaces. And all of these colors running through you, rubbing off onto my skin, while your eyes are already at work to lock me in---I am thus beholden.

                        I

I can make no sense
of this kind of                                   
rationality. Rabbit, I          
must get out.                   

I must break form.

                             Must break down.

And you, well
                   I suppose you'll try to fall in love
with someone else, Bunny. And if this is the end
I accept. Unconscious.

Unblinking.

© 2013 just_teague


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This feels a bit like the diary of a break-down, and the desire to breakdown the walls of thought that can pin us in. How a thought, a remembrance can be a jailer, relentless, refusing to set us loose.

It's pain well articulated. The pain of watching someone slip away and knowing you have no power to stop it. The intimacy that once colored everything becomes nothing but a brace.

This is very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
:: wow... this is an intense, sensitive, moving and consuming piece of poetry... :: i hope the sadness is not real... and this piece is not autobiographical... and if it is, then i hope that resilience is on its way... to your heart...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013

Author

just_teague
just_teague

Morris, MN



About
I'm Teague; I'm always in two places at once. I am a sequence of four stories trapped within each other, or some similar mess. Will be primarily writing poetry here; I seem to be going through a p.. more..

Writing