Nevermore

Nevermore

A Poem by Justin
"

Bit of a poetic formatted story. Made this in response to Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"

"

 A hazel-eyed youth retreats to his room, trying to steady the shattering "boom-booms."

An echoing scream haunts his cracking mind, he sees that what he's done will leave him behind.

A blade cuts deep into a victim of love, a twin hacks at the flesh of the murderer of that dove.

Stinging tears seep into the wound, a cleansing pain that is deserved so soon.

But a black crow with rose in claw, lands to the window to cackle and gawk.

Red burning eyes meet the crow's stare, returning them with a hopeless glare.

"What do you wish inside this place, you will only find well-deserved hate."

A sound like a giggle escapes the beast, laughter in his black eyes to say the least.

A single petal begins to age, this scene only fueling the rage.

"I ask of you this, why do you come? You interrupt the work with blade under thumb!"

Steady eyes take in the young man, accompanied by the whisper "nevermore......"

The crimson stained object flies straight and true, but the crow evaded, t'was easy to do.

The man collapses from weariness or despair, there is no feeling that can hope to repair.

"Why must you pick at this rotting corpse, answer before my voice is too hoarse.

For if I must bear you as my guest, then allow me this gift before my final rest.

Am I permitted to be happy and joyous?"

To which the crow replied "Nevermore....."

Weeping sobs hacked the boy's body before he coughed out,

"Will I become undamned from being the instrument of other's joy?"

To which the crow replied "Nevermore......."

The instrument of demise, accompanied by a single bullet raises to the gates of this broken temple.

"Will I ever be seen for one who just wanted to make others happy without he himself turning into a hollow?

A wandering corpse free of emotion and desire?"

The rose flooded the darkest black of Lucifer's cruelty and withered away to nothingness,

As a single loud ringing "BANG" goes hand-in-hand with the stabbing words,

"Never......more......."

© 2012 Justin


Author's Note

Justin
Don't hold back on the criticism

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really like this, very dark and Edgar Allen Poe-ish. Lots of emotion and imagery. Keep up the good work

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on November 2, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012

Author

Justin
Justin

Hilden, Nova Scotia, Canada



About
I'm a young aspiring writer, hoping to get some pieces of poetry and possibly fiction published. In grade 6 I had a short story published in a book of children's stories called Monkey Tales and recent.. more..

Writing
Order 66 Order 66

A Poem by Justin