As In A Dream

As In A Dream

A Poem by justjenn_2u
"

Based on a dream I experienced and it speaks volumes to me.

"
As the multitudes of God's people stood non moving around me

I saw people occupied with worldly happiness whom were blind

These confounded people were symbolic of a ship lost at sea

To the right of myself and only a couple of steps ahead

Walked a man nearby whose face I was unable to distinguish

His glorious voice sang "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound"

My heart cried out with vocals no person could extinguish

I began to sing "My chains are gone, I've been set free"

Though the world stood unruffled and never took notice

I knew this Man who is my Jesus would stay with me


© 2012 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

JJ this is a wonderful write, a prose I quite enjoyed. I love the flow of the writing as it seems to catch me from the start and I think about the message which was quite pleasant. I haven't heard much from you lately but this was a welcome surprise...hugs...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A great write, Jenn! I can feel an emotion of isolation in this piece, as you are surrounded by non-believers, but you have the strength to carry on, because of the Man you see and hear is always with you, leading you onward.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your faith shows in your writing and is strength and hope for us all!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this served as reassurance for me.
Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Those who are blind never do notice the saved unless we make notice of ourselves.
Well done on this one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh! and the flow was excellent :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh wow!! This is beautiful! even though you are not literally explaining the dream to me, you certainly painted a really good picture of what you saw while you slept Jenn. You had a very prophetic dream here. This is something that you perceived with your conscious, and perhaps you didnt express it, so your spirit explained it to you in a dream. This is what is happening in the world right now, you and many other christians stand in belief and walking with our savior while we watch people lost and in pursuit of the material wealth as their god. Now its our time to speak to those that are lost and show them the truth...Jesus.

Keep writing girl

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an inspiring and vivid piece that gave my heart a small tug and alerted my inner senses. Volumes and then some ;) Thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


go figure... a deep provoking religious piece... i'm glad you found peace somewhere... dont let go of that, and believe!
this piece, was as usual, very entertaining, simple, and nice... keep it up jenn...
btw, how are ye?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spiritual, I am glad you wrote this. I haven't talked to you in a while Justene, how are you ? Sounds like you are doing better. This poem is like a scripture, a testimony you could give in church and make people cry in acknowledgment. great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice, well written prose.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2012

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Poem by justjenn_2u