War

War

A Story by Joshua Thomas
"

Ten minutes free writing by hand.

"

Cries of the injured permeate the area. I can hear the agony of the screams which also come hand in hand with the acrid smell of bile, s**t and blood. The landscape is one that you might imagine from Dante’s Inferno. The deafening explosions were not far.. I knew because they disturbed the earth beneath my feet. After the blasts the nerve wracking wails of the freshly injured reverberate along the city walls. I spot a child rushing by, clothes tattered and sullied, calling for her mother. The roar of aircraft rings through the air as my heart drops from fear and hopelessness. Infernos whip around from home to home and fill the skies with a black smog relaying some kind of omen. The once beautiful city I remember is only but a shell of its former self. Amidst the wreckage, I think to myself, how can man do this to his foreign brother.  I hear a whistling above and the next thing I know before the darkness is a blinding light, pain.. and then nothing.

© 2014 Joshua Thomas


Author's Note

Joshua Thomas
Any feedback would be appreciated! It was only a 10 minute free writing session by hand so it's not too long. I wanted to depict the horrors thoroughly with those 10 minutes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 7, 2014
Tags: war, blood, bile, shit, loss, despair, hopeless, free writing, military, smog, fire, death, agony, pain, dark

Author

Joshua Thomas
Joshua Thomas

About
The name's Josh. I dabble in writing. more..