The Path to Forever

The Path to Forever

A Story by Jeremy
"

A trip within the mind tunnel.

"
If you follow the tunnel down, through splintered glass and kaleidoscope vision, you come to the lights in shades of black and red. Blinding speed, the mind cannot fathom what it sees. Plaid patterns stretch to solids and the tunnel is never-ending. A quick overhead shows an eternal funnel, like an hourglass of infinity. Swiftly returning to the endless path; twisting and winding, shifting and changing. There’s a plastic bleed across the cosmic channel, and a desperate need to see the other side.

Soul and identity do not exist; only the will to move on, too late to retreat. Perspective shifts direction, still gaining along the path to forever, existing as a fluid pattern leading to a subtle memory of a long-lost idea.

This is All.

© 2018 Jeremy


Author's Note

Jeremy
When I close my eyes, I sometimes see a tunnel that never ends. It's actually quite meditative, and I thought I'd try to contextualize what I think I see.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 22, 2018
Last Updated on March 17, 2018
Tags: Forever, God, Tunnel, Meditation

Author

Jeremy
Jeremy

Albany, NY



About
I am 30 years old and I am about to have my first child. I've always wanted to be a writer, but it wasn't until recently that I've tried to develop the discipline for it. I want to share my writing fo.. more..

Writing
Youth Youth

A Poem by Jeremy