Hark Back !

Hark Back !

A Story by k33puaeyes
"

A sad story originated from the memories of my life.

"
My fist straight away tightened and heart pronto shattered as the reality of my life struck me. What on Earth was I doing? I felt the ground beneath me slipped away. So many thoughts ran through my mind. I ran away without saying a word, I just couldn't take it anymore and started crying as I ran back to my home.
Time passed by and I missed him each day and on most nights I cried myself to sleep, remembering all the times we had spent together and those conversations we had had. For days that turned to months gradually, my eyes would be fixed on the phone with a hope he would call or message. Even though I was making a conscious effort to let him go off my mind, silence my thoughts, I often found myself lost. Obsessively wondering what could be the reason, there was not even a single possible logical reason for such inconsistent behavior.
A million questions blackened my mind like, was it something that I had said? Had I done something or disgruntled him in any way? Was he just using me all this while? Did the past years mean nothing to him? It's been a month since I last heard from him. This was very unlike him, he had always been the responsible one in our relation, always the first one to start whenever we fell out and very concerned towards my feelings.
But this time, things changed.
I could see him online on Whats-app and active on Facebook which I was continually checking like an extremely enthusiastic stalker, this drove me even and even madder. There are those moments of weakness where I just can't avoid thoughts and memories of him.If he wanted to break our love life, I deserved at least a call or a message with a proper explanation. My worry for him turned into anger and after a week of total confusion and a cocktail of emotions I had gone through, I'm in a much more steady state now and made peace with the fact that he is no longer with me.
HE LEFT ME FOR ANOTHER GIRL, SOMEONE HE HAD TOUCHY-FEEL WHILE WE WERE IN RELATION. I felt his absence and was always haunted by the question "Why did he do that ?"

FEW MOMENTS BEFORE BREAK-UP:

There was absolute silence for the first five minutes, the silence that meant everything. I could feel no regretful feeling in his eyes, there was not even a trace of guilt for what he had done, all I knew is THE RUPTURE WITH HIM WOULD NEVER BE HEALED.

After the silence reached extremity, I looked at him with a tear in my eye and completely heartbroken just because it's never ever going to be the same again, I'll never be that girl who comes back whenever he pushes away, a girl who stood by him in all his turbulent times, all the way and loved him anyway.

There was that lost feeling which I never wanted to feel again. Never, ever.
Finally, I decided to evict him from my heart, if not now, I never will.

So that was that. We were finally, finally over.




© 2016 k33puaeyes


Author's Note

k33puaeyes
Ignore grammar problems if you find any

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016
Tags: Love, Short, story, short story, love stories, breakup, life stories, heart, magical moments, life, sad moments, real life

Author

k33puaeyes
k33puaeyes

India