Sorry

Sorry

A Poem by kahlen369
"

How much is an apology worth? Actions peak louder than words. It's hard to leave an abusive relationship.

"

            Sorry.

            You look away.

You’re a statue against his pleas.

            Forgive me.

            You’re better than this. You won’t be fooled.

            Not again.

            I didn’t mean it. 

            He never does.

But he never stops.

            The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

            I love you.

            Love hurts, but not this literally.

            Your bruises burn.

I’m so sorry.

He’s a broken record.

But you keep pressing replay.

I can’t help it.

He’s a puppet to his emotions.

And so are you.

            Look at me.

            You keep still.

            You are playing dead against a bear.

            If you keep still, maybe he’ll leave you alone.

Look at me.

            He puts his hands on you.

            Jerks your head towards his.

I love you.

            He smiles, kindly.

The worst part is, you love him too.

Do you forgive me?

Of course.

(No.)

            

© 2013 kahlen369


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Splendid read and a magnificent write. love the emotion

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very potent. i love it. such great emotion portrayed in this poem, it's quite amazing how you weaved such beautiful feelings into each and every word. There is such a beautiful and terrible story line, i will definitely be voting for this poem in the 'pain and hate' contest. Hope you win! you deserve it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a great poem.
How much apology worth? It worth so much , but its useless if u only say it and do it all over again..

Action really speak louder than Your Word SORRY. Great job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very powerful! This piece sheds light on the sad reality of its topic. Something about it is also very fitting... The issue of domestic abuse is like so many other "bullet points" that many people tragically don't understand... Somewhat akin to say, suicide or mental illness. Those who do not understand often cast the topic aside as taboo but every so often - [thankfully, in todays society more often than ever]- people shed light on these issues-(I am hesitant to use that word but I am at a loss for a substitute)-and in doing so, make a world of difference through indirect education. Needless to say, I feel that this piece not only does that but also taps into a vein of unbiased empathy. It makes sense, it just works and I love it! Thank you for sharing!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


There are far to many people that get stuck in the grind of abusive partners. I've seen many over the years and it grates on my soul the same way each time. People who treat their others as if they were garbage or boxing bags or pieces of meat, are no more than trash themselves. They are they jackals of society and need to be culled in my opinion. There comes a point where the heart simply needs to wake up and realize that abuse is not a sign of affection, it is a sign of hate.

There is great tragedy in this piece. For is shows the reality of the world and that many people stay with their abusers our of the concept of "Love." There is no love in abuse, or aggression or anger or oppression.

Thanks for writing such a provocative piece.
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


i absolutly loved this poem!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013
Tags: domestic abuse, violence against women, second person, sorry

Author

kahlen369
kahlen369

Writing
Anna Hong Anna Hong

A Story by kahlen369


Found Found

A Story by kahlen369