A Slice Of Love

A Slice Of Love

A Story by Kajal Gulabani



In the midst of highly dense grasses lied the 'Science and Development' varsity. It exhibited tranquility in the rising hour of the day and shaped into a thick cloud of masses during the busy hours. A fluorescent orange square piece of paper flashed on the notice boards and captivated many eyes on one such day. It read ' Trekking campaign in the forests of Mt. Abu for 2 nights. All those interested need to register before 12th February'. This piece of information fluttered the taxed brains of 'to-be-known' scientists.

The busy hours turned busier whilst registrations got pouring. The statistics of volunteers was at the cusp, even leaving behind the statistics of China's population. 

Soon arrived the D day-14th February, when a cacophony of morning alarm bells rose all the adventure fanatics. The loaded college bus left the campus with zeal to win over the mountains. An assorted bunch of students regulated their cameras hanging around their necks and falling over their jackets. A tempestuous ride was on the roll, indeed.
It was that very moment, when Richa's glance glued at Patrick's. His pristine look at greens outside the window took her over. After a deep deliberation, she realised she needs to march her thoughts ahead. Just when her head took a half turn, Patrick caught her suddenly gone glimpse. The blush was difficult to hide but it soon evaporated in the shrills of excitement around them. It was time for the games and Richa's goose bumps sharpened as she and her clinging crush had been teamed up together. The elbow talks along with the eye battle had started. In the roars of zestful crowd, their hearts were weaving a unique symphony for sure.

As they reached the jungles, the tents embraced them with a blowing breeze. Refreshments were done in no time and then arrived an hour of 'go-for-it' mission. What a delight Mountaineering is , esp when it is with someone as beautiful as the mountains. Richa was a spotless beauty with a radiant smile and Patrick had already been blanketed in her radiance. Power packed boys and girls pulled up their socks to zip down the harsh surfaces of vertical slopes. 

 was hell bent on combating the dangerous slopes. It was a journey of 4 steps ahead and 2 behind, for her. Patrick appeared like a genie from nowhere and accompanied her. Was it the strength of their high quality shoes or budding love which kept them soaring through the rough patches? I can bet on the divinity with which Bryan Adams sang 'Every breath you take, every move you make, I will be there for you', after getting into the mode of this romance. 

With every step they took in harmony, their eyes unearthed a spark of joy. Suddenly, a swash befuddled the duo. To their amazement, they realised the wet slope leaving Richa's feet in a melee with the damp fungus. Her legs trying to forge but her feet losing the grip. Her arms quivering in pain and torso in a limbo between the howling earth and the monstrous sky. 

Patrick's nerves tensed , aiming towards bestowing his every breath to her. The moment he stretched his hand for the cuddle of her fingers, mystic rains could not hide their mojo. Mystic but Unpredictable .. Alas! 

By this time, rest of the Trekkers had reached their destiny except the 'falling-in-love' birds who were actually falling from the mountain . Rains undoubtedly added the spice.. Spice of love or fear, I would rather leave on them to decide .Richa gave away her numb hand in Patrick's and her sleek waist in his arms to huddle. Now that's what I call a 'Kodak Moment' ! 

Their fretted bodies tried to climb up vehemently , brewing with the softness of their deep breaths. Rain droplets made the tough task, tougher. Patrick succeeded in his heroism to a certain extent and managed few steps. Their strength was dimming and limbs defeating. 

Just like Indian police giving a guest entry in the end, their trainer appeared to spoil the moment. A blown incident blowing the cupid's arrow over them, is what it was. Richa and Patrick were rescued but their snug hovered forever in the harsh slopes. Since then , these ferocious yet heart pulling mountains are known as 'lovers point' and every year on Valentines Day, love birds flock together to experience their magnetism. Could Patrick had been able to give a better gift to his valentine on this day 'of love and for love'? 
Happy valentine's day my dear readers!!! 

© 2013 Kajal Gulabani


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute, if I was only this lucky on valentine's day

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Love and valentines, great combination.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Yepp
Aww. Happy Valentines day to you as well. I love this story. It made my heart skip a beat. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Thanks Ahmad..
An interesting write for one whose first language is not English. A tale of romance indeed.
Every breath you take, every move you make, I will be there for you', was writen and performed best by Gordon Sumner aka Sting

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Thanks for an informative review John :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
ah love is in the air, another Valentine's day is upon us, peace and love to all. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Yess certainly love is in the air... Thanks and wish the same
A lovely story for Valentine's day...I know little about winter sports, but this was entertaining.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kajal Gulabani

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Marie.. its always nice to hear from you. Hugs

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013

Author

Kajal Gulabani
Kajal Gulabani

Ahmedabad, Shilaj, India



Writing